Battry Backup Harware/ Battery Replacement
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE INPUT POWER LINES PRIOR TO REMOVING THE MOTOR COVER.
ANY AND ALL REPAIRS MADE TO THIS UNIT MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR DISCONNECTED FROM THE OPENER AND IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
Proper care should be used when handling a battery. Eye protection should be worn.
NOTE: DO NOT reverse the polarity (+) and (-) as this will damage the powerhead.
1. Unplug the powerhead for the power source.
2. Unplug the battery backup from harness connection.
3. Remove both mounting screws from the rear of the battery backup.
4. Detach the battery backup from the back of the opener by tilting the BBU approximately 45 degrees and lifting up towards the ceiling. (See figure 1)
5. Remove 4 screws from the battery hold down bracket.
6. Remove the battery.
7. Disconnect the harness wires from the (+) and (-) terminals. (See figure 2)
8. Replace in reverse order
NOTE: Allow 24-48 hours to charge the battery before testing.
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
looking for battery for model # 7055 belt drive . owners manual says use Genie P/N 111658-0002, do you sale that battery?
Yes, it is the 111658.0002.S if you are replacing the battery.
Will a week battery cause the opener to lose it’s set open and close positions and need to be reset frequently? The opener is about 4 1/2 years old.
No, the battery will not cause the limits to get lost. For troubleshooting assistance, you can contact Genie customer service at 1-800-354-3643.
What will cause my opener to lose open and close positions 2 to 3 times a week? We have not had any power outages. model # 7055 about 4 1/2 years old. When I have reprogramed it twice I have had to unplug the battery for a minute. The first 4 years I had to reprogram it 3 times. In the last 1/2 I have had to reprogram some weeks up to three times. Thanks Rick
The drifting limits can be caused by an unbalanced door, the Opto (RPM sensor) in the garage door opener, or other factors. For troubleshooting assistance please contact Genie customer service at 1-800-354-3643.