37302R EKBC BELT RAIL EXTENSION KIT INSTRUCTIONS
Preparation: You will need a Phillips Head Screwdriver, 7/16” & 1/4” wrench or socket. Begin by completing steps 1A through 1F on the Assembly/Installation Poster. Do not begin Step 1G. Proceed with the instructions below to attach the Rail Extension.
Attachment Procedure: Looking down at the underside of the rail assembly (belt visible), position yourself so that the door end (pulley assembly) is on your left. Powerhead (drive sprocket) will be on your right.
1. Slide pulley assembly out of the rail end. Fig. 1
2. Carefully remove the pulley pin. Fig. 2
3. Remove the pulley guard screws and slide the pulley guard out of the rail end. Fig. 3
4. Disconnect the carriage from the bullet by pulling the red cord. Slide the carriage out of the rail end. Notice the orientation of the carriage as you remove it. Fig. 4
5. Lift the bullet out of the rail. Fig.5
6. Remove the four screws in the bullet, separate the bullet halves and remove the belt. Fig.6
7. Insert the replacement extended belt from the EKBC (37302) extension kit into the channel and reassemble the bullet using the four screws. Fig. 6, ensure belt is not twisted or bound.
8. Place the bullet and belt into the rail. Fig. 5
9. At the door end of the rail, slide the carriage back into the rail. Make sure the door arrow points toward the door. Fig. 7
10. Slide the rail coupler and 12 inch rail extension onto the pulley end of the rail. Coupler will slide onto the pulley end rail section until it meets the stop tab on the bottom of the rail. Align the 12 inch extension to the coupler with the pulley guard screw holes. Fig. 8
11. Slide the pulley guard into the rail. Position the belt through the alignment slots of the pulley guard. Insert the two pulley guard screws and tighten. The screws should align with the clearance holes on the rail coupler. Fig. 9
12. Place the belt into the pulley and align the pulley with the pin hole in the pulley holder. Insert the pin from underneath. It is important that the pin be inserted from the bottom as shown. Fig. 10
13. Slide the pulley assembly into the rail until it hooks onto the edges of the rail end. Check to make sure both sides of the pulley assembly are hooked on the rail end. The holes in the ends of the pulley assembly should match up with the mounting holes at the end of the rail. Important: confirm the pulley pin is still in place. Fig. 10-11
14. On the other end of the rail, slide the drive sprocket assembly to adjust its position until the tabs rest in the slots in the rail end. Insert two mounting screws and tighten with a 1/4” wrench or socket. Fig. 12.
Note: This is also illustrated in step 1G on the assembly & installation poster.
15. On the door end (pulley), tension the belt by tightening the adjustment nut on the pulley assembly until the belt does not ride on the rail (approximately 1/8” off the rail. Fig. 11
Note: This is also illustrated in step 2 on the assembly & installation poster.
16. Tie the short red release cord to the existing release cord on the carriage. This will allow for the cord to be within reach following installation.
17. Proceed to step 3 on the Genie Belt Drive assembly & installation poster.
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Is this kit comes with the belt included?
Yes, it is.