Chain Rail Extenstion Kit Instructions (Tube Style Chain Rail)
Preparation: Refer to Assembly/Installation Poster, replace the header section of rail with the extension rail included with this kit.
Add Chain Extension prior to Step 1G. Add extended RED emergency release cord.
39027R Installation Procedure
1) Center idler pulley into EXTENDED header rail slot. Insert clevis pin through header rail hole and idler pulley. Secure with cotter pin. Fig. 1.
2) Insert 5/16”-18 x 2” bolt into EXTENDED header rail and secure with nut.
3) Proceed with the assembly of the rail per Assembly Poster until step 1g.
4) Prior to step 1g, install chain extension.
5) Remove master link from threaded shaft assembly (Gold End) with needle-nose pliers. Fig. 2.
6) Install chain extension with included master link. Fig 3.
7) Reinstall threaded shaft assembly to extended chain with master link removed in step 5. Fig. 3.
8) Continue with the installation poster at step 1g. Fig.4.
9) Discard original RED emergency release cord and install extended RED emergency release cord included with this kit at step 6 on assembly poster.
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
what ext. kit do I need for genie mod. 2022 8 ft door
Hi! I apologize, we no longer have an extension kit for the 2022 model garage door opener.
model 2020L need an extension kit. i have a 9' door.
We no longer have an extension kit for the 2020L model garage door opener.
What extension kit do I need for a Chainmax 1000 chain driven 8 ft door?
You would need the EKCC extension kit, part number 37301R to work with the ChainMax1000 garage door opener.
Can I buy multiple extensions to use for a 10ft door?
No, you can only add one extension kit to a garage door opener.
what extension kit do I need for a model 1035-v chain drive opener? (genie chain drive 500) The one I find on this site only show compatible with Models: 2033, 2035, 2036, 3035, 7035.
This is the correct extension kit for the 1035 model too.
I have an garage door that is 11 ft high and 10 foot long made of metal. I need a automatic door opener with a 12 foot long chain drive. I can't find a 12' in the stores. I was told to get Gene model 3024.
Any garage door over 8-foot high would require a professional model garage door opener. You can locate a dealer in your area by entering your zip code (click here).
need an extension for a Model 1035 as we have an 8 ft Garage Door. Which kit is correct? Model 1035 is not referenced anywhere
This 39027R extension kit is the correct one for the 1035 model garage door opener.
Is this model compatible with the 7035-V
Yes, it is.
Which extension kit do I need for a garage door opener model 1035VE
The 1035 Chain Drive model garage door openers use the Chain Drive extension kit model EKTC, 39027R.
What extension kit do I need for model 2024 8 ft door
We no longer have the extension kit for the 2024 model garage door opener.
what kit do i need with the 1035ve?
You would use this Chain Drive extension kit for tube style rails.