LED Flashlight Remote
1- Putting the garage door opener into Programming Mode
Place the garage door opener into programming mode: TYPE 1-2-3
1. Press and hold the program button until the round LED turns blue, then release. PROGRAM SET + PROGRAM SET + PROGRAM SET + PROGRAM SET +
2. The round LED will go out and the long LED will begin flashing purple
Proceed to step 2 or see alternate programming
Genie® openers and external receivers manufactured between 1995 to 2011
Place the garage door opener into programming mode:
1. Press & release Learn Code button once. The red LED will begin to flash.
Proceed to step 2
2- Programming a Remote to the Opener
NOTE: Once in programming mode, you will have approximately 30 seconds to perform this step.
Note: While programming remote buttons, stand at least 5 feet away from the opener. This ensures you have proper communication between the remote and the opener.
1. Slowly press and release the remote button of your choice two times. The opener LEDs will flash and go off, indicating you have successfully programmed your remote.
2. Press and release the same button a third time and door will open or close.
NOTE: It is possible to press the remote button too quickly or lightly. If the LEDs do not go OFF, press the remote button several more times to achieve confirmation.
3- Lost or Stolen Remote/Erasing all Remotes
This pertains to all button pad TYPES shown in section 1
New Genie® Openers
1. Press and hold the program button until the round LED turns blue, then release.
2. Press and hold the Up(+) Down (-) buttons at the same time, until the both LEDs flash blue and go OFF.
- OR -
Genie® openers and external receivers manufactured between 1995 to 2011.
• To erase all remote devices from all other types of Genie® openers, Press and hold the Learn Code Button until the LED stops blinking.
Start at step 1 to reprogram your remotes.
NOTE: Clearing remote control memory from the power head will clear ALL programmed remotes and wireless keypads. Your opener will no longer recognize any signal from any remote device, including a missing remote device.
4- Using the LED Flashlight
Press the LED Flashlight button once.
LED Flashlight will operate until the button is pressed again or when 4 minutes have passed. After 4 minutes the LED will flash indicating that light will turn off automatically.
Replace the Battery
Replace remote battery with 1-AAA battery.
1. Remove screw and press down on top of battery door and slide back off of remote.
2. Match battery polarity symbols inside battery housing and replace battery.
3. Align cover, snap case closed, install screw.
|Replacement Transmitter Recommendation|
|Description:||2-Button, Intellicode® 315/390 MHz|
|If you have any of the below transmitters, a replacement|
|transmitter can be GL2T-BX.|
|GIT-1 or G2T-1||GIT-2 or G2T-2||2 GIT-3 or G2T-3|
Don't see your remote? Click here for more compatibility options.