LED Flashlight Remote Programming Instructions (GL2T-BX)
1- Put the Garage Door Opener into Programming/ Learn Code Mode
Placing the garage door opener into programming/ learn code mode: TYPE 1-2-3
1. Press and hold the square program button until the small round LED light turns blue, then release. PROGRAM SET + PROGRAM SET + PROGRAM SET + PROGRAM SET +
2. The small round LED light will go out and the long LED light will begin flashing purple
Next, Proceed to step two or see alternate programming method
For Genie® garage door opener and external receivers manufactured between 1995 to 2011
Placing the garage door opener into programming/ learn code mode:
1. Press and release the Learn Code button once. The red LED light will begin to blink.
Proceed to step 2
2- Programming the GL2T-BX flashlight remote to the Garage Door Opener
NOTE: Once the garage door opener is in programming/ learn code mode, you will have approximately 30 seconds to perform this next step.
Note: While programming the flashlight remote buttons stand at least five feet away from the garage door opener powerhead. This will ensure you have the proper communication between the flashlight remote and the garage door opener.
1. Slowly press and release the flashlight remote button that you are programming two times. The opener LED light will blink and go out, this indicates that you have successfully programmed your new flashlight remote.
2. Press and release that same button on the flashlight remote a third time and the garage door will open or close.
NOTE: It is possible to press the remote button too quickly or lightly. If the LED lights do not go OFF, then press the remote button a few more times to achieve confirmation.
3- Using the LED Flashlight
Press the LED Flashlight button on the remote once.
The LED Flashlight on the remote will operate until the flashlight button is pressed again or after 4 minutes have passed. After the 4 minutes is up, the LED light will flash indicating that light is going to turn off automatically.
Replacing the Battery
Replace the remote battery with 1-AAA battery.
1. Remove the screw and press down on top of the battery door and slide the back off of remote.
2. Match the battery polarity symbols (+/-) inside the battery housing and replace the battery.
3. Align the back cover with the remote, snap the case closed, and install the screw.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.