Replacing the 7-Foot Belt (37561R.S) Instructions
Replacing the 37561R.S belt will require removal of the garage door opener from it’s mounting hardware and repairs made on a bench or floor. Refer to your models Owners Manual and/or Installation Poster for proper assembly and carefully read and understand all warnings and cautions pertaining to your model.
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE INPUT POWER LINES PRIOR TO REMOVING THE MOTOR COVER.
ANY AND ALL REPAIRS MADE TO THIS UNIT MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR DISCONNECTED FROM THE OPENER AND IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
1. Pull the red Emergency Release Cord on the Carriage to disengage the garage door opener in order to close the door if necessary. (If unable to lower door using the garage door opener, please use extreme caution when manually closing the door. Before pulling the Emergency Release Cord, make certain people and objects are clear of the garage door opening.)
2. Unplug Opener Power Cord from power receptacle (outlet).
3. Open Lens Cover by pressing middle tab inward and remove Light Bulbs. FIG. 1.
4. Remove Wall Control and Safe-T-Beam wires from Terminal Block located on side of Opener FIG. 1. Use a small common screwdriver to press in on orange tabs while gently pulling wires from the block. Mark wires to help facilitate replacement.
5. Remove Network and Battery Backup Harnesses from the front of Opener (if applicable).
6. Remove the 2-9/16” Nuts & Bolts from Door Arms to separate door from Opener. FIG. 2.
7. Remove Motor Head and the belt Rail Assembly from mounting brackets and set on a clean work surface or floor.
8. Remove the 4-7/16” self-tapping bolts from the Rail/Motor mounting straps and pull Rail from Motor Head. FIG.3. Set Motor Head aside. Set the belt Rail Assembly on the floor upside down to aid in disassembly.
9. Loosen Tensioner Nut from door end of Rail to create slack in Belt/Chain. FIG. 4.
10. Remove 2-1/4” screws holding Pulley Guard in place. FIG. 5.
11. Remove 2-1/4” screws from Motor Pulley Assembly. FIG. 3.
12. Dislodge Motor Pulley Assembly from locking tabs (FIG. 3) and slide towards door end of the rail to feed Tensioner Assembly, Pulley Guard, and Belt out through the end of the Rail. FIG. 5.
13. Remove Tensioner Pulley Pin to remove Pulley. FIG. 5
14. Discard old Belt & Bullet Assembly and replace with the new 37561R.S belt in reverse order.
15. Reinstall Tensioner Pulley Pin. FIG. 5.
16. Slide Motor Pulley Assembly, Carriage, Pulley Guard, and Tensioner Assembly back into original position making certain that locking tabs on Motor Pulley Assembly protrude through slots in Rail and secure with the 2-1/4” screws. FIG. 5.
17. Secure Pulley Guard with 2-1/4” screws.
18. Tighten Tensioner Nut until the slack is removed from Belt.
19. Install Rail to Motor Head Assembly using the two Mounting Straps and 4-7/16” self-tapping screws. FIG. 3.
20. Reinstall garage door opener assembly in reverse order as it was removed. Reference your models Owners Manual and Installation Poster if needed.
21. Plug the garage door opener in.
22. Clear and reprogram Limit Controls per your models Owners Manual.
You can also view these videos to help reprogram the limits.
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Will this also work for a model 2040L
This belt will not work for the 2040L. We no longer have the belt for that model.
Will this belt work for 1028 model
Yes, it will!
will this work on model 2042?
No, it will not.
is this belt compatible with Genie 7055?
No, for the 7055 you would need the 39354S.S belt.
Will it work for Genie Pro Stealth Model GPS 1200IC?
No, it will not.
Will this belt work with Genie 2024?
No, the 37561R.S belt will not work with the 2024 model.
Will this work on a model 2055?
No, the 37561R.S will not work for the Genie garage door opener model 2055, you would need the belt part number 39354R.S.
will it fit model 1024
No, this belt will not fit the 1024 model. We no longer have a belt for the 7-foot rail for the 1024.
Hi will this belt work for Genie 2026?
No, it will not.
What replacement belt do you offer for the Genie 2024 model?
We no longer have the belt available for the 2024 model.
Would this belt work for model 1042
No, it will not. We no longer have a 7-foot belt for the 1042 model garage door opener.
does this belt fit a model 2024?
No, we no longer have the belt for the 2024 model garage door opener.
I believe I need the 37561R.S Belt. The only model no. I can find is PMX500IC/B, is this the correct belt. It only says Genie Pro Max on the side. Trying not to take it apart soon then needed. Plus the bullet part I have is metal, the photo looks like it is plastic? Thank You for your time.
This belt will not work with the PMX500IC/B. Please contact Genie customer service at 1-800-354-3643.
Can this belt be modified to replace the 20463R.S for a PMX 500icb on a 7 ft door if I have the original bullet connectors?
No, this will not work with the PMX500IC/B model. We no longer have the belt for that model.
Will this work for the Genie Pro Model 1024? Thank you.
No, it will not. We no longer have the 7-foot belt for the 1024 model garage door opener.
Will this work for model 3055?
No, it will not. You would need the 39354R.S belt for the 3055 model garage door openers.
Does this belt fit model 4042?
Yes, it does!
Will this belt fit the 2042 Model? If not, which do you recommend?
No, it will not. We no longer have the belt for the 2042 model garage door opener.