Chain Rail Extenstion Kit Instructions (Tube Style Chain Rail)
Preparation: Refer to Assembly/Installation Poster, replace the header section of rail with the extension rail included with this kit.
Add Chain Extension prior to Step 1G. Add extended RED emergency release cord.
39027R Installation Procedure
1) Center idler pulley into EXTENDED header rail slot. Insert clevis pin through header rail hole and idler pulley. Secure with cotter pin. Fig. 1.
2) Insert 5/16”-18 x 2” bolt into EXTENDED header rail and secure with nut.
3) Proceed with the assembly of the rail per Assembly Poster until step 1g.
4) Prior to step 1g, install chain extension.
5) Remove master link from threaded shaft assembly (Gold End) with needle-nose pliers. Fig. 2.
6) Install chain extension with included master link. Fig 3.
7) Reinstall threaded shaft assembly to extended chain with master link removed in step 5. Fig. 3.
8) Continue with the installation poster at step 1g. Fig.4.
9) Discard original RED emergency release cord and install extended RED emergency release cord included with this kit at step 6 on assembly poster.
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
what ext. kit do I need for genie mod. 2022 8 ft door
Hi! I apologize, we no longer have an extension kit for the 2022 model garage door opener.
model 2020L need an extension kit. i have a 9' door.
We no longer have an extension kit for the 2020L model garage door opener.