Or see below for replacement instructions
Moving door can cause serious injury or death.
• During this procedure, the Door Opener could begin to run. Stay away from moving Door and its parts. To keep Door from moving, close Door and disconnect it from Opener by pulling Emergency Release Cord.
• Keep people clear of opening while the door is moving.
• Do Not allow children to play with remote control or door opener.
• Do Not operate a door that is jammed or has a broken spring.
If safety reverse does not work properly:
• Close door/disconnect opener by pulling Emergency Release Cord.
• Do Not use the remote control or door opener.
• Refer to Door and Door Opener Owner’s Manuals or Instructions.
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE INPUT POWER LINES PRIOR TO REMOVING THE ELECTRIC BOX COVER. AN APPROPRIATE LOCKOUT/TAGOUT PROCEDURE IS RECOMMENDED. INSURE THE DOOR IS CLOSED PRIOR TO REMOVING THE OPERATOR. TEST THE DOOR FOR PROPER OPERATION AND CORRECT ANY MALFUNCTIONS PRIOR TO REINSTALLING THE OPERATOR.
REPLACEMENT RECEIVER BOARD (36521R.S) INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
For 390 MHz AC Screwdrive Models
Tools Required: 1/4” nut driver or socket, and/or Phillips screwdriver.
1. UNPLUG operatorfrom110Voutlet. If the unit is permanently wired, open the circuit breaker. If you are unsure about how to shut off power to the unit, call a licensed electrician in your area. Do not reconnect power until instructed to do so.
2. REMOVE the 2 upper light cover screws and let light cover flip down. FIG 1
3. LOOSEN but do not remove the 4 motor cover screws and remove the motor cover. FIG 1
4. REMOVE and retain the receiver mounting screw. FIG 2
5. UNPLUG wire harness from receiver board. Note harness orientation (Green wire on left facing the connector). FIG 3
6. INSTALL the 36521R.S receiver board to bracket and install the mounting screw. FIG 2
7. RECONNECT wire harness to replacement receiver board. FIG 3
8. FEED antenna wire through the hole in the front panel and point down through light cover. FIG 4
9. REPLACE motor cover.
10. PLUG power cord to outlet (or reset breaker).
11. ADJUST up and downforce controls and program transmitter devices following all safety and operating instructions in the owner’s manual.
12. FLIP lens cover up and attach 2 light lens screws.
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Would this circuit board work for model IS550/A? The circuit board number on my opener is 31180A - R1. I just want to be sure that the replacement part 36521R.S will work with my opener model.
Yes, this will work.
How many devices( keyless entry's or transmitters ) can you program to this reciever
You can program up to seven wireless devices.
Will this work on model #CM8600IC/A
Yes, it will.
will this board work on H4000A
Yes, it will.
I’m looking for the circuit board on the genie H6000A which has the learning button
This is the one, the 36521R.S.
Will this part work with my ISL 950/A
Yes, it will.
My defective receiver circuit board # is 33286B-R0 for a Genie ISL 950/A. Is the 36521R.S replacement part the correct receiver board for the ISL 950/A?
Yes, it is!
It appears that my Genie Pro 98 does not have a learning mode... will this board work in that unit and give it learning capability so I can install an exterior keypad and synch?
No, you would need to add an external receiver model GIRUD- 1T for that capability.
My is850 is missing learning button. Is this part needed to repair and how does it install?
This receiver board will have the learn code button on it. So if your learn code button is missing or not working, this would resolve that issue. The installation instructions will come with the new board 36521R.S. You can also view the instructions in the tab below on this page for installation instructions. https://store.geniecompany.com/products/intellicode-receiver-board-for-ac-screw-drive-garage-door-opener
will this work with ISD990?
No, this is not the correct circuit board for the ISD990. You would need the 36600R.S circuit board.
will receiver board #36521r.s work on my cm76001c/a garage door opener? Learning button not working.
Yes, it will work with the CM7600IC model.
Will this board work on model 3042
Will this work for model 3062?