36452A.S CHAIN REPLACEMENT INSTRUCTIONS
These instructions are written assuming that you will have ample room around operator to perform this repair. Some rare instances will require removal of the operator from it’s mounting hardware and repair made on a bench or floor. Refer to your owners manual to reverse the wiring, mounting, and assembly process. READ AND FOLLOW ALL SAFETY, INSTALLATION AND OPERATION INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS CONTAINED IN THESE INSTRUCTIONS AND THE OWNERS MANUAL. If you have any questions or do not understand an instruction, contact a trained service technician. Or call 800-354-3643.
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE INPUT POWER LINES PRIOR TO REMOVING THE MOTOR COVER.
ANY AND ALL REPAIRS MADE TO THIS UNIT MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR DISCONNECTED FROM THE OPENER AND IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
1. Before pulling the red emergency release cord, make sure people and objects are clear of the garage door opening. Pull emergency release cord on the carriage to disengage operator to close the door if necessary, if unable to lower door using operator, then use extreme caution in manually closing the door.
2. Remove power from the garage operator.
3. Loosen chain tension bolt to create slack in chain. (Do not completely remove bolt) FIG. 1.
4. Remove master link on the chain bullet. FIG. 2.
5. Remove old chain.
6. Feed the new replacement 36452A.S chain through the drive sprocket and pulley.
7. Make certain chain is not twisted or bound and attach chain to bullet with master link as shown in FIG. 2.
8. Tighten chain tension bolt to remove chain slack as shown. FIG. 3. Or see owners manual/assembly poster.
9. Pull emergency release cord towards door to re-engage carriage and manually open door to engage carriage to chain bullet.
10. Return power to operator. Refer to owners manual for permanently wired operators.
11. Reset force adjustments and limit switch positions per owners manual.