39537R.S Circuit Board Replacement Instructions
Before replacing the circuit board on your 1022, 1024, 1042, 2022, 2024, 2042 model garage door opener, make sure to read through all the instructions.
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE INPUT POWER LINES PRIOR TO REMOVING THE MOTOR COVER.
ANY AND ALL REPAIRS MADE TO THIS UNIT MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR DISCONNECTED FROM THE OPENER AND IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
1. Close the garage door.
2. Unplug the garage door opener power cord from power receptacle or disconnect power for hardwired units.
3. Open the rear lens cover by pressing outer tabs on both sides of the motor and swing down to remove lens and light bulbs. FIG. 1.
4. Remove the wall control and Safe-T-Beam wires from the terminal block located on the rear of the garage door opener FIG. 2. Use a small common screwdriver to press in on orange tabs while gently pulling wires from the block. PRO TIP: Mark wires to help facilitate replacement.
5. Remove two screws on the rear of powerhead securing PCB board assembly to the powerhead. FIG. 3.
6. Slide PCB board assembly rearward to access internal wires and plugs.
7. Disconnect motor wires, light bulb harness, opto harness, and motor harness. FIG. 4.
8. Remove PCB/cover assembly from the powerhead.
9. Remove 4 screws attaching PCB to cover and lift PCB from the cover assembly. FIG. 5. Gently pull antenna wire through the hole in the cover.
10. Gently remove force control shafts from old PCB and insert into rheostats on the new 39537R.S replacement PCB board. FIG. 6. Ensure proper placement.
11. Install the new 39537R.S replacement board onto the cover assembly in reverse order. Feed antenna wire through the hole in the cover.
12. Install motor wires, light bulb harness, opto harness, and motor harness onto PCB. FIG. 4.
13. Insert PCB/cover assembly into powerhead and install two screws to secure PCB/cover assembly.
14. Install external wall control and photocell wires into the terminal block.
15. Install a light bulb and place the lens cover back on.
16. Plug powerhead into the receptacle or apply power for hardwired units.
17. Program limits, transmitters, and force controls per owners manual.
18. Run full operational and safety test per owners manual. See below...
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
The remote does not open the door. The hard wire button does. I tried the remote on another door and it works o0n that door but not on the other 9ne. The battery in the remote is new. I tried the reprogram directions in the manual. The led on the opener plinks like it is supposed to but when I hit the button on the remote it does not stop blinking until it "times" out. What do I do next? Does it need a new board? Let me knw please. Thanks
It sounds like the receiver in your circuit board may have gone out. I would try to unplug the unit (the whole garage door opener) for about 30 seconds, then plug it back in. Then try the remote. If this does not work, based on what you have done, the circuit board would need to be replaced. If you would like more troubleshooting assistance, you can also contact Genie customer service at 1-800-354-3643.
We lost operation of door opener during a thunder storm. Assuming control board took a hit. How can I test the control board? Model 2022
Please contact Genie customer service at 1-800-354-3643 for assistance.