Garage Parking Aid Installation Instructions
1. Park vehicle in the desired location within the garage.
2. Suspend Perfect Stop ball on the string from the garage ceiling allowing the ball to contact vehicle windshield as shown in Figure 1.
3. Mark this location on the ceiling and install an eyelet. Temporarily secure the cord at this eyelet with the ball remaining in contact with the vehicle windshield.
4. Remove the vehicle from the garage and close the garage door.
5. Measure the distance from the eyelet to the ball. This is Distance “A.”
6. Determine your type of garage door (Figure 2), then proceed with the instructions for the installation of eyelets 2 and 3
7. Using your “A” Distance from step 5, determine the second eyelet position from the appropriate chart below (Distance “B”).
8. Starting at the header above the garage door opening measure distance “B” back toward the first eyelet. This is the location for the second eyelet (it will be between the garage door and the first eyelet)(Figure 1).
9. The third eyelet is installed on the top edge of the garage door and must be located so that the three eyelets form a straight line. (NOTE: if your door is made of fiberglass or metal, drill a 1/16”pilot hole to allow installation of the third eyelet.)
10. Unsecure the cord from the first eyelet and thread it through the first and second eyelets and tie it at the third eyelet according to the following:
For Track Guided Doors –
Pull the cord through the third eyelet until the ball reaches the first eyelet. Tie off the cord and remove the excess.
ForTrackless Doors –
Pull the cord through the third eyelet until the top of the ball is 12” below the first eyelet. Tie off the cord and remove the excess.
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
There are no instruction on how to install in a 10' garage with a 8' door. The string seems long enough but I haven't figured out the correct way to install it. What are the instructions for this setup?
You can view the perfect stop parking instructions here. If you need assistance you can also contact our customer service support at 1-800-354-3643.
Can this be used for 2 cars side by side in a garage? thus, not the center but 2 sides.
No, the ball would have to be in the center where the garage door opener is.