36451A.S Chain Pulley/ Bracket Assembly Replacement
This repair will require removal of the unit from it’s mounting hardware and repair made on a clean work surface. Refer to your owners manual to reverse the wiring, mounting, and assembly process. READ AND FOLLOW ALL SAFETY, INSTALLATION AND OPERATION INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS CONTAINED IN THESE INSTRUCTIONS AND THE OWNERS MANUAL. If you have any questions or do not understand an instruction, contact a trained service technician. Or call 800-354-3643.
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE INPUT POWER LINES PRIOR TO REMOVING THE MOTOR COVER.
ANY AND ALL REPAIRS MADE TO THIS UNIT MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR DISCONNECTED FROM THE OPENER AND IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
1. Before pulling emergency release cord, make certain people and objects are clear of door opening. Pull emergency release cord on carriage to disengage opener to close door if necessary. (If unable to lower door using opener, use extreme caution manually closing door.
2. Remove power from opener.
3. Remove lens cover(s) by pressing side tabs inward and remove light bulb(s). FIG. 1.
4. Remove wall control and Safe-T-Beam® wires from terminal block located on back of opener FIG. 1. Use small common screwdriver to press in on orange locking clips while gently pulling wires from block. Mark wires to help facilitate replacement.
5. Remove opener from mounting brackets and hardware and set on a clean work surface.
6. Remove 3 bolts from rail assembly and set powerhead aside. FIG. 1.
7. Loosen tension nut at front of rail to remove tension on Chain/Belt. FIG.2.
8. Slide chain/belt off of pulley and set on top of rail.
9. Remove 2 bolts, nuts, washers retaining pulley assembly to rail. FIG. 3.
10. Install pulley assembly in reverse order. FIG. 3.
11. Install chain/belt in reverse order.
12. Tension chain/belt. FIG. 4.
13. Reinstall powerhead and rail assembly to ceiling and door. Steps 5,4,3.
14. Apply power to opener.
15. Reset limit settings per owners manual.
16. Test unit fully to ensure travel limits, remote controls and all safety features work correctly. Refer to your owners manual and/or assembly poster.