Pulley Assembly- 39276R.S
This replacement pulley assembly is made to work with compatible Genie belt and chain drive operators. Easy replacement of the current damaged/ broken pulley allows you to get your opener back up and running again quickly.
- Compatible with Models 1035, 2033, 2035, 2036, 2055, 3035, 3055, 7035, 7055, 7155
- Pulley sits on the door end of the rail
- Chain/belt goes around the pulley for it to stay on track
- Genuine Genie replacement part
In Stock! Usually ships within 24 hours.ASK A QUESTION
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Is this the replacement for the "tensioner pulley" which is located at the garage door end of the chain?
Yes, the Pulley Assembly- 39276R.S is the replacement for the tensioner pulley at the door end of the rail.
Will this fit Model 3053 belt drive??
Yes, it will.
Do you sell the pulley only? Don't need the pin and clip.
No, it will come with all this.
39276R.S Idler Pulley Replacement
This repair will require removal of the unit from it’s mounting hardware and repair made on a bench or floor. Refer to your Owners Manual for proper assembly and carefully read and understand all warnings and cautions pertaining to your unit.
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE INPUT POWER LINES PRIOR TO REMOVING THE MOTOR COVER.
ANY AND ALL REPAIRS MADE TO THIS UNIT MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR DISCONNECTED FROM THE OPENER AND IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
1. Pull emergency release cord on carriage to disengage opener to close door if necessary. (If unable to lower door using opener, use extreme caution manually closing door. Before pulling emergency release cord, make certain people and objects are clear of door opening.)
2. Unplug opener power cord from power receptacle.
3. Remove Battery Backup (BBU) from powerhead if equipped:
• Unplug harness from top of powerhead.
• Remove two screws securing BBU to rear of powerhead.
• Tilt BBU up and slide mounting brackets out.
• Set BBU aside. FIG. 1.
4. Remove lens cover(s) by pressing top tabs down and slide lens cover(s) out. Remove light bulbs. FIG. 2.
5. Remove wall control and Safe-T-Beam® wires from terminal block located on side of two bulb models or rear of one bulb models FIG. 3. Use small common screwdriver to press in on orange tabs while gently pulling wires from block. Mark wires to help facilitate replacement.
6. Remove clevis pin and hairpin from door arm assembly. FIG. 4.
7. Remove opener from mounting hardware and set opener assembly on clean work surface.
8. Remove Idler Pulley from rail assembly.
• Disconnect carriage by pulling emergency release handle down from the turnbuckle and slide out of the way. (a)
• Loosen turnbuckle lock-nuts. (7/16” wrench) (b)
• Hold chain/belt and rotate turnbuckle clockwise until threaded ends are free. (c)
• Pull chain/belt out from front idler pulley.(d)
• Remove hairpin, clevis pin and idler pulley. (e)
• Install replacment Idler pulley, clevis pin, and hairpin.
• Feed chain/belt through idler pulley. Ensure chain/belt is not twisted or bound.
9. Install chain/belt rail assembly:
• Install turnbuckle with “door” end arrow onto the gold threaded end by rotating counter-clockwise one full turn. (a)
• Disengage carriage assembly by rotating release handle downward and insert turnbuckle through the carriage as shown. Ensure chain/belt is not twisted or bound. (b)
• Insert silver threaded shaft into the turnbuckle and rotate turnbuckle counter clockwise one full turn. (c)
• Hold chain/belt and rotate turnbuckle with thumbs counter-clockwise until chain/belt is tensioned properly. Measure chain/ belt tension on opposite side of rail until 1/4” from bottom of rail. (d)
• Once proper tension has been established, hold turnbuckle in place with a 7/16” or adjustable wrench. Tighten both tension nuts with a 7/16” wrench. (e)
10. Reinstall opener assembly to mounting hardware.
11. Reinstall door arms in reverse of step 6.
12. Install wall control and Safe-T-Beam wires.
13. Install light bulbs and lens cover(s).
14. Plug opener in.
15. Operate opener and test all safety features. Refer to owners manual or visit www.GenieCompany.com
16. Install BBU, if equipped. Plug BBU harness into top of powerhead.
NOTE: Limits may require reprogramming. Refer to your owners manual.
We offer FREE shipping and handling on all orders that total over $17.99 and are shipped to a US address. All orders are shipped using UPS ground, directly from The Genie Company.
Buying GENUINE Genie accessories and parts guarantees that you are getting quality OEM materials backed by a Genie warranty.
Need assistance? We are here for you! We offer a wide range of customer support options including contact by phone or email, web chat services with a live agent, and a robust support section also located on our website. All customer care teams and services are based in the USA.