Pulley (Belt and Chain)- 39591A.S
Garage door opener replacement belt and chain drive pulley for Genie model garage door openers listed below. The belt or chain run around the pulley allowing the door to open and close and the belt or chain will stay in the track.
- Genuine Genie replacement part
- Compatible with models: ChainMax 1200 (4022), IntelliG® 1200 (4024), SilentMax® 1200 (4042), ChainMax™ 1000 (3022), IntelliG® 1000 (3024), SilentMax® 1000 (3042)
In Stock! Usually ships within 24 hours.ASK A QUESTION
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Is this compatible for model 2055
No, the pulley for the Genie model 2055 is Pulley Assembly - 39276R.S.
I ordered part number 39591AS pulley for my silentmax 1000 model number 3042 and will the bolt that goes thru the center of the pulley come with the oulley or do I need to order that part. If so, what is the part number for bolt? Thanks Vince
Sorry, the bolt (carriage pin) does not come in Pulley (Belt and Chain)- 39591A.S this part just includes the pulley. We have a Tensioner Assembly with Pulley - 37857R.S that will come with the pulley, tensioner bracket, carriage pin, pulley bracket, washer, spring hex nut, screw, and pulley guard.
will this work on a 7155L
No, it is not compatible. You would need Pulley 39276R.S for model 7155L.
Can I just buy the pulley wheel for the 3055 model, without the pins?
No, we do not sell the 39276R.S Pulley Assembly for the 3055 without the pin.
Is this compatible for model 1024 ?
No, it is not. The 1024 used pulley part number 36605A.S, we no longer have this part available.
Will this work for model 3055?
No, it will not. The 3055 would use pulley assembly part number 39276R.S.
Will this work for model 2024? Thanks
No, it will not. The 36605A.S pulley was for the 2024 model garage door opener. We no longer have that available.
39591A.S is this the correct “door side” pulley for the Odyssey 1000 (Genie) that Overhead Door installed?
Yes, it is.
Need a belt pulley wheel for garage door opener model 1042. Which part number is it
The belt pulley assembly for the 1042 was part 36605A.S, it is now discontinued.
Would this work for model 1022? If not which part number do I need ?
No, this will not. We no longer have the pulley for the 1022 model. It was part number 36605A.S.
Will this pulley work with a model 2055?
No. For the 2055 model you would need the pulley part number 39276R.S.
39591A.S Genie Tensioner Pulley Replacement Instructions
Tensioner Pulley Replacement
This repair will require removal of the opener from its mounting hardware and repairs made on a bench or floor. Refer to the Owners Manual and/or Installation Poster for proper assembly and carefully read and understand all warnings and cautions pertaining to the opener.
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE INPUT POWER LINES PRIOR TO REMOVING THE MOTOR COVER.
ANY AND ALL REPAIRS MADE TO THIS UNIT MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR DISCONNECTED FROM THE OPENER AND IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
1. Pull the Red Emergency Release Cord on Carriage to disengage the garage door opener to close the garage door if necessary. (If unable to lower door using Opener, use extreme caution manually closing door. Before pulling Emergency Release Cord, make certain people and objects are clear of door opening.)
2. Unplug Opener Power Cord from power receptacle.
3. Open Lens Cover by pressing middle tab inward and remove Light Bulbs. FIG. 1.
4. Remove Wall Control and Safe-T-Beam wires from Terminal Block located on side of Opener FIG. 1. Use small common screwdriver to press in on orange tabs while gently pulling wires from block. Mark wires to help facilitate replacement.
5. Remove Network and Battery Backup Harnesses from front of Opener (if applicable).
6. Remove the 2-9/16” Nuts & Bolts from Door Arms to separate door from Opener. FIG. 2.
7. Remove Motor Head and Rail Assembly from mounting brackets and set on a clean work surface or floor.
8. Remove the 4-7/16” self tapping bolts from the Rail/Motor mounting straps and pull Rail from Motor Head.
FIG.3. Set Motor Head aside. Set Rail Assembly on floor upside down to aid in disassembly.
9. Loosen Tensioner Nut from door end of Rail to create slack in Belt/Chain. FIG. 4.
10. Remove 2-1/4” screws from Motor Pulley Assembly. FIG. 3.
11. Dislodge Motor Pulley Assembly from locking tabs (FIG. 3) and slide towards door end of rail to feed Tensioner Assembly, and Belt/Chain out through the end of the Rail approximately 8”-10”. FIG. 5.
12. Remove Pulley Pin from Tensioner assembly and discard old Pulley. FIG. 5. Install replacement Pulley and Pin.
13. Slide Motor Pulley Assembly, and Tensioner Assembly back into original position making certain that locking tabs on Motor Pulley Assembly protrude through slots in Rail and secure with the 2-1/4” screws.
14. Tighten Tensioner Nut until slack is removed from Belt/Chain.
15. Install Rail to Motor Head Assembly using the two Mounting Straps and 4-7/16” self tapping screws.
16. Reinstall Opener Assembly in reverse order as removed. Reference your Owners Manual and Installation Poster.
17. Plug Opener in.
18. Clear and reprogram Limit Controls per Owners Manual.