Belt/Chain Drive Carriage Assembly for 7' High Garage Door - 36773R.S
This carriage assembly is made to replace the carriage on compatible Genie belt and chain drive operators that have a rail for a 7-foot high garage door. The carriage attaches to the bullet on the belt and when engaged together will operate to open and close the garage door.
- Compatible with Models: 1028, 2028, 3020H, 3020H-B, 3120, 3022, 3024, 3042, 4022, 4024, 4042, SilentMax 1000, SilentMax 1200, IntelliG 1000, IntelliG 1200, ReliaG 650, ReliaG 850
- Straight door arm is attached and included (for the 7-foot high garage door)
- Genuine Genie replacement part
- Installation instructions included
In Stock! Usually ships within 24 hours.ASK A QUESTION
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Do they make it to where it can lock in on the opposite side?
No, this carriage does not support locking in from the opposite side.
How is does the carriage attached to the turn buckle?
It locks in when the emergency release is pulled up to latch.
I believe that i need to replace the carriage assembly for my PCG 700 ML/FN - Do you have it and how much ?
The carriage part number was 35263R.S. We no longer have that part available.
36773R.S Carriage Replacement Instructions
This small repair will require removal of the garage door opener from its mounting hardware and repairs will be made on a bench or floor. Use the Owners Manual and/or Installation Poster for detailed disassembly/reassembly instructions and carefully read and understand all warnings and cautions pertaining to the opener.
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE INPUT POWER LINES PRIOR TO REMOVING THE MOTOR COVER.
ANY AND ALL REPAIRS MADE TO THIS UNIT MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR DISCONNECTED FROM THE OPENER AND IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
1. Close the garage door with the opener if able.
2. Pull the red emergency release cord on the carriage to disengage opener to close the garage door if necessary. (If you are unable to lower the door using the garage door opener, use extreme caution manually closing the door. Before pulling the emergency release cord, make certain people and objects are clear of the door opening.)
3. Unplug the garage door opener power cord from power receptacle or turn off the breaker to the garage door opener.
4. Open the lens cover and remove light bulbs (if installed). (Figure 1)
5. Remove wall console and Safe-T-Beam® wires from the terminal block. (Figure 2). Use a common small screwdriver to press in on the orange tabs while gently pulling wires from the block. Mark wires to help facilitate replacement.
6. Remove the network adapter and battery backup harnesses from the front of opener powerhead (if applicable).
7. Remove the two nuts and bolts from the door arms (straight and curved) to separate door from the opener. (Figure 3).
8. Remove the motor head and belt or chain rail assembly (Figures 4 and 5) from the mounting brackets and set the motor head on a clean workbench or garage floor.
9. Remove the four self-tapping bolts from the rail/motor mounting straps and pull the rail from motor head. (Figure 6). Set the motor head aside. Set the chain/ belt rail assembly on the floor upside down to help with disassembly.
10. Loosen tensioner nut from the garage door end of the rail to create slack in belt/chain. (Figure 7).
11. Remove the two screws from drive gear assembly. (Figure 8).
12. Remove two screws holding the pulley guard in place. (Figure 9). (When applicable)
13. Dislodge drive gear assembly from locking tabs (Figure 8) And slide towards door end of the rail to feed tensioner assembly, pulley guard (Pulley guard is not used on all models), and belt/chain out through the end of the rail approximately 8” to10”. (Figure 9).
14. Slide defective carriage out through the door end of the rail and dispose of.
15. Install new 36773R.S Genie carriage. Be certain that door arm is facing to the door end of rail.
16. Slide drive gear assembly, pulley guard, and tensioner assembly back into original position. Make certain that the locking tabs on drive gear assembly protrude through slots in rail and secure with the two screws.
17. Secure pulley guard with two screws.
18. Tighten tensioner nut until the slack is removed from belt or chain.
19. Install the rail to motor head assembly using the two mounting straps and four self-tapping screws.
20. Reinstall the garage door opener assembly in reverse order as removed in steps 3-7. Reference the openers owners manual and installation poster if needed.
21. Tie a knot in emergency release cord (Figure 10) to secure to carriage release cam. Install the red release handle approximately 6 feet from floor and tie knot to secure.
22. Plug the garage door opener back in (turn the breaker back on if it was shut off).
23. Clear and reprogram limit controls per owners manual, the same as with new installation settings.