38875R3.S DC Control Board Replacement
These instructions are written assuming that you will have ample room around Opener to perform this repair. Some rare instances will require removal of the unit from its mounting hardware and repair made on a bench or floor. Refer to your Owner’s Manual for proper assembly and carefully read and understand all warnings and cautions pertaining to your unit.
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE INPUT POWER LINES PRIOR TO REMOVING THE MOTOR COVER.
ANY AND ALL REPAIRS MADE TO THIS UNIT MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR DISCONNECTED FROM THE OPENER AND IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
1. Pull emergency release cord on carriage to disengage opener to close door if necessary. (If unable to lower door using opener, use extreme caution manually closing door. Before pulling emergency release cord, make certain people and objects are clear of door opening.)
2. Unplug the garage door opener power cord from the power outlet.
3. Open the garage door opener lens cover by inward on the middle tab. Once the lens cover is open remove light bulbs. Shown in FIG. 1.
4. Remove the wall console and Safe-T-Beam wires from the terminal block that is located on side of garage door opener power head. Shown in FIG. 1. Use small common screwdriver to press in on the orange tabs while gently pulling the wall console and safety beam wires from the terminal block. Mark these wires when removing to help facilitate replacement.
5. Unplug any optional accessories that are installed such as the garage door opener battery backup and/or the networking adapter.
6. Remove two 5/16” screws securing powerhead cover to chassis. FIG. 2.
7. Allow the motor cover to swing down to access control board and wire harnesses.
8. Unplug the following harnesses from the control board. FIG. 4.
• Light harness
• Motor harness
• Opto harness (see step 12-13)
• AC IN harness
• Motion Detector harness (if equipped)
• Green ground wire to chassis (if equipped).
REMOVE AND DISCARD.
9. Powerhead cover can now be removed from opener chassis for repair. Special care should be taken to prevent damage to motion detector bulb located on the bottom of motor cover. (If equipped).
10. Remove control board mounting screws and the old circuit board. Shown in FIG 3.
11. Feed the antenna wire through the hole in the cover. Mount the replacement 38875R3.S circuit board to cover and secure with old screws removed in step 10.
--- SEE BELOW FOR MOTOR TYPES ---
12. If your motor compares to MOTOR TYPE 1. Remove existing harness from motor and plug pre-installed OPTO SENSOR harness from new control board directly into motor.
13. If your motor compares to MOTOR TYPE 2. Remove pre-installed OPTO SENSOR harness from control board and plug existing OPTO harness from motor into DUAL ENCODER OPTO SENSOR plug on replacement control board. (Or use new harness packed with control board).
14. Hang powerhead cover to chassis to connect all other harnesses removed in step 8.
15. Swing powerhead cover up onto chassis and secure using screws removed in step 6.
16. Install wall control and Safe-T-Beam wires. Install battery backup and/or network harnesses if applicable.
17. Install light bulbs and close lens cover.
18. Reapply power to opener.
19. Limit controls, transmitters and full function test will be required. Refer to the owner’s manual and/or assembly poster for detailed information
20. See below to replace the wall console
INSTALLING REPLACEMENT SERIES II WALL CONSOLE
• Disconnect power to the powerhead.
• Remove existing wall console from the wall by removing mounting screws.• Remove wires from existing wall console.
• Split and strip ends of the wire if it is needed (Fig. 2).
• Fasten the wire to control board screws on the back of the wall console (Fig. 3):
• Connect white wire between powerhead terminal #3 to wall console terminal “W.” (Fig 3 & 7).
• Connect striped wire between powerhead terminal #4 to wall console terminal “B.” (Fig 3 & 7).
NOTE: When existing wires have a color code different from above (FIG. 3), or none at all—make sure the wires are connected between terminals as directed above. When the wires are connected to the opposite terminals, the Sure-Lock® and Light feature may not function. The first indication of incorrect wiring is the backlight will be OFF.
• Mount wall console to wall using screws provided. Verify height at least 5 ft. above the floor (Fig. 4).
Reconnect power to the powerhead.
• Check operation of each wall console button and feature (If the circuit board was replaced, and then the wall console, reset the limits on the garage door opener before checking the wall console features.)
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Does G3T remote work with this circuit board ?
Yes, it does.
Does this come with instructions how to remove and replace the board??? I opened teh cover but it looks like I have to get on a ladder and unscrew the actual unit inder the cover near the bulbs.... PLEASE email me instructions if not.... thx!
This does come with instructions on how to change the board. If you need assistance you can also contact our customer service at 1-800-354-3643 and we can walk you through the steps.
Does this work with Genie Silent Max 1000 model 3042?
Yes, it does!
do replacement circuit boards have a warranty?
Yes, they would have a one year warranty.
I replaced my broken 37469A REV01 board with the recommended 38875R3.S . Now I can not get my ARQ Universal Control garage door opener to function. Tried original instructions and updated instructions and also updated ARQ software. How can I remedy this problem?
The ARQ universal remote is made by Chamberlain. You would want to contact the Chamberlain company regarding any issues with programming this remote. We do not have the information on how to program them.
can not find 37469a rev 01 circuit board for my genie garage door opener
What model is your garage door opener?
Hi, My garage door opener SilentMax 1000 by Genie Model number 3042. Circuit board number 37469A Rev 01. Due to power outage, my garage door is dead. We believe the circuit board is down. Could you please inform me how I can purchase the circuit board and how to install it. I live in Canada Ontario. Your reply is greatly appreciated.
You can purchase it online here and the installation instructions will come with it as well.