Genie Garage Door Opener Belt Replacement 39354R.S
This repair will require removal of the unit from it’s mounting hardware and repair made on a bench or floor. Refer to your Owners Manual for proper assembly and carefully read and understand all warnings and cautions pertaining to your unit.
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE INPUT POWER LINES PRIOR TO REMOVING THE MOTOR COVER.
ANY AND ALL REPAIRS MADE TO THIS UNIT MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR DISCONNECTED FROM THE OPENER AND IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
1. Pull emergency release cord on carriage to disengage opener to close door if necessary. (If unable to lower door using opener, use extreme caution manually closing door. Before pulling emergency release cord, make certain people and objects are clear of door opening.)
2. Unplug opener power cord from power receptacle.
3. Remove Battery Backup (BBU) from powerhead if equipped:
• Unplug harness from top of powerhead.
• Remove two screws securing the battery backup to rear of powerhead.
• Tilt BBU up and slide mounting brackets out.
• Set BBU aside. FIG. 1
4. Remove lens cover(s) by pressing top tabs down and slide lens cover(s) out. Remove light bulbs. FIG. 2.
5. Remove wall control and Safe-T-Beam® wires from terminal block located on side of two bulb models or rear of one bulb models FIG. 3. Use small common screwdriver to press in on orange tabs while gently pulling wires from block. Mark wires to help facilitate replacement.
6. Remove clevis pin and hairpin from door arm assembly. FIG. 4.
7. Remove opener from mounting hardware and set opener assembly on clean work surface.
8. Remove Chain or Belt from rail assembly.
• Disconnect carriage by pulling ermergency release handle down from turnbuckle and slide out of the way. (a)
• Loosen turnbuckle lock-nuts. (7/16” wrench) (b)
• Hold chian/belt and rotate turnbuckle clockwise until threaded ends are free. (c)
• Pull chain/belt out from front idler pulley. (d)
• Belt model openers will require the removal of the belt retainer cover. (e)
• Route replacement chain/belt gold threaded shaft around idler pulley and silver threaded shaft around sprocket. Ensure chain/belt is not twisted or bound
9. Install chain/belt rail assembly:
• Install turnbuckle with “door” end arrow onto the gold threaded end by rotating counter-clockwise one full turn. (a)
• Disengage carriage assembly by rotating release handle downward and insert turnbuckle through the carriage as shown.
Ensure chain/belt is not twisted or bound. (b)
• Continue routing the chain/belt assembly until turnbuckle is near the middle of the rail. Insert silver threaded shaft into the turnbuckle and rotate turnbuckle counter-clockwise one full turn. (c)
• Hold chain/belt and rotate turnbuckle with thumbs counter-clockwise until chain/belt is tensioned properly. Measure chain/ belt tension on opposite side of rail until 1/4” from bottom of rail. (d)
• Once proper tension has been established, hold turnbuckle in place with a 7/16” or adjustable wrench. Tighten both tension nuts with a 7/16” wrench. (e)
• Reinstall belt guard if applicable. (f )
10. Reinstall opener assembly to mounting hardware.
11. Reinstall door arms in reverse of step 6.
12. Install wall control and Safe-T-Beam wires.
13. Install light bulbs and lens cover(s).
14. Plug opener in.
15. Reset limits and fully test and operate opener. Refer to owners manual or visit www. GenieCompany.com
16. Install BBU, if equipped. Plug BBU harness into top of powerhead.
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Will this belt work on genie 2040l
No, this will not work with the 2040L model. We no longer have the belt for the 2040L.
Will this belt work on the Genie 1055. If not, please provide the correct part number for that
Yes, this belt will work with the 1055 model Genie garage door opener.
Will this belt work on genie model 3055
Yes, it will!
Will this belt work on a Genie StealthDrive Connect Model 7155-TKV?
Yes, it will!
will this work on model #7055?what is the length and width?
This will work on the 7055 model garage door opener. It is for a 7-foot high garage door. So if you did not add an extension it to the 7055, this will be the belt you need.
I need the gold threaded end that is broken, do you have just that part or where I can get it.
Please contact Genie customer service at 1.800.354.3643.
Will this belt work on a silentMax model 4024H ... it is 6feet 10 inches high ??
No, it will not. You would need https://store.geniecompany.com/collections/chain-or-belt-assembly/products/replacement-belt-for-7-garage-door-opener-37561r-s.
Will this work for the 2042 model?
No, it will not.
Will it fit 2024 if not what should I use?
No, it will not. We no longer have the belt for the 2024 model garage door opener.
Will it fit Quiet Lift 800 Model 2042?
No, it will not. We no longer have the belt for the 2042 model.
Will this belt work with GPS 1200 IC
No, it will not. We no longer have a belt for the GPS1200IC model.
Hi - I am trying to find a replacement belt for my 1042 model with little success. Is there a universal belt or another belt model that works in the unit? The opener is in nearly new condition otherwise many thanks
We no longer have a replacement belt for the 1042 model garage door opener.
We have owned the garage door opener for less than 6 months. The belt broke unexpectedly. Is the part covered by the manufacturer's warranty. It was the metal link part of the belt that broke. This is for genie model 3055.
For warranty assistance, please contact Genie customer service at 1-800-354-3643.
How long does it take for this part to arrive from the moment of ordering?
We ship all of our parts out of Ohio and they send UPS ground. Normally orders placed before 11 AM EST, are shipped the same or the next day. Depending on your location, it can take from 2 to 5 days to deliver.
Instructions says "This repair will require removal of the unit from it’s mounting hardware" Is there reason for that? It was really easy to route replacement belt through idler pulley and around around sprocket and then connect (tight) using turnbuckle. Without taking unit of the mount. have i done it wrong?
If you got the belt replaced, you did not do it incorrectly. The recommendation is because some people may not be able to work on the ladder above their heads and find it easier to take it down to replace it.
Will this work on the silentmax 1000?
No, it will not. The SilentMax 1000 model garage door opener would use the 37561R.S belt.