Shuttle Replacement (36664R.S)
This repair will require removal of the unit from it’s mounting hardware and repairs made on a bench or floor. Refer to your Owners Manual and/or Installation Poster for proper assembly and carefully read and understand all warnings and cautions
pertaining to your unit.
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE INPUT POWER LINES PRIOR TO REMOVING THE MOTOR COVER.
ANY AND ALL REPAIRS MADE TO THIS UNIT MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR DISCONNECTED FROM THE OPENER AND IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
1. Pull Emergency Release Cord on Carriage to disengage Opener to close door if necessary. (If unable to lower door using Opener, use extreme caution manually closing door. Before pulling the Emergency Release Cord, make certain people and objects are clear of the door opening.)
2. Unplug Opener Power Cord from power receptacle.
3. Open Lens Cover by pressing middle tab inward and remove Light Bulbs. (Figure 1)
4. Remove Wall Control and Safe-T-Beam wires from Terminal Block located on side of Opener (Figure 2). Use a small common screwdriver to press in on orange tabs while gently pulling wires from the block. Mark wires to help facilitate replacement.
5. Remove Network and Battery Backup Harnesses from the front of Opener (if applicable).
6. Remove the Cotter Pin & Clevis from Door Arm to separate door from Opener. (Figure 3).
7. Remove Motor Head and Rail Assembly from mounting brackets and set on a clean work surface or floor.
NOTE: Be aware of the Motion Detector Bulb on bottom of Powerhead Cover. Do not set operator weight on this bulb (Figure 4)
8. Pull emergency Release Cord to disconnect Shuttle from Rail (if not already released)
9. Push Shuttle out of Rail towards the door end of the Rail to remove old Shuttle.
10. Install new Shuttle in reverse order.
11. Reinstall Opener Assembly in reverse order as removed. Reference your Owners Manual and Installation Poster.
12. Install Wall Control and Safe-T-Beam wires. Install Battery Backup and/or Network Harnesses if applicable.
13. Install Light Bulbs and close Lens Cover.
14. Install Clevis & Cotter Pins from Door Arms to Shuttle.
15. Remove Release Cord and Handle from old Shuttle and Install on new Shuttle.
16. Move disconnect lever on Shuttle to the upwards position and operate Door until Shuttle connects with Carriage inside rail. These two will lock together.
17. Plug Opener in.
18. Clear and reprogram Limit Controls per Owners Manual.
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Can I use a wall console #39165R on a genie model 2562?
If your current wall console is the series II, then yes. If your current wall console is a series III, (it would have black buttons), then no. You would need to use the Series III again. If you need assistance, you can also contact customer service at 1.800.354.3643.
We have a Genie PRO SCREW DRIVE. ICA SERIES WITH INTELLICODE. CAN WE GET A KEY PAD FOR THIS MODEL OR IS IT TOO OLD.
You can use the current Genie Keypad model GK-R with the Genie Intellicode Pro Screw Drive garage door opener.
I have model 2562 screw Genie. I use it to open and close my observatory. It occasionally hangs up a little but this time it broke my 36664RS shuttle. Is there a metal replacement? I know if it breaks its not a warranty / recommended usage. But is their a metal shuttle I can use? I have used it for 3 years. Thank you.
This is the only shuttle available for this model garage door opener. There is no metal replacement.