Belt Drive Sprocket- 37558R.S
This Belt Drive Sprocket sits on the shaft on top of the power (motor) head. The belt goes around the sprocket and the teeth on it grip the belt so it stays on track. This is used on multiple Genie model garage door openers that have the belt drive rail system.
- Compatible with Genie Models; 1028, 2028, 3020H, 3020HB, 3024, 3042, 4024, 4042, SilentMax 1000, SilentMax 1200, ReliaG 650, ReliaG 850
- Includes replacement instructions
- If you do not see your model on this list and have questions please contact us for compatibility questions
- Genuine Genie Replacement Part
In Stock! Usually ships within 24 hours.ASK A QUESTION
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
I have a model 2042 and need the sprocket (plastic) which is on top of motor assembly which runs the belt.Pieces broken off the one I have.Do you have the assembly which goes on top of motor to which is attached the belt?
Yes, it is sprocket part 38416A.S for the 2042 model garage door opener.
Can I use this to replace the discontinued 2024 sprocket?
No, this will not work with the 2024 model.
I have a model number 2042 will this work on my garage door opener? Thank you
No, this will not.
Belt Motor Sprocket 37558R.S Replacement Instructions
This repair will require removal of the unit from it’s mounting hardware and repairs made on a bench or floor. Refer to your Owners Manual and/or Installation Poster for proper assembly and carefully read and understand all warnings and cautions pertaining to your unit.
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE INPUT POWER LINES PRIOR TO REMOVING THE MOTOR COVER.
ANY AND ALL REPAIRS MADE TO THIS UNIT MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR DISCONNECTED FROM THE OPENER AND IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
1. Pull Emergency Release Cord on Carriage to disengage Opener to close door if necessary. (If unable to lower door using Opener, use extreme caution manually closing door. Before pulling Emergency Release Cord, make certain people and objects are clear of door opening.)
2. Unplug Opener Power Cord from power receptacle.
3. Open Lens Cover by pressing middle tab inward and remove Light Bulbs. ( FIGURE 1).
4. Remove Wall Control and Safe-T-Beam wires from Terminal Block located on side of Opener FIG. 1. Use a small common screwdriver to press in on orange tabs while gently pulling wires from the block. Mark wires to help facilitate replacement.
5. Remove both the Network and Battery Backup Harnesses from the front of Opener (if applicable).
6. Remove the 2-9/16” Nuts & Bolts from Door Arms to separate door from Opener. (FIGURE 2).
7. Remove the Motor Head and Belt Rail Assembly from mounting brackets and set on a clean work surface or the garage floor.
8. Remove the 4-7/16” self-tapping bolts from the Rail/Motor mounting straps and pull Rail from Motor Head. FIGURE 3. Set Motor Head aside. Set Rail Assembly on the floor upside down to aid in disassembly.
9. Loosen Tensioner Nut from door end of Rail to create slack in Belt. FIGURE. 4.
10. Remove 2-1/4” screws from the old Motor Sprocket Assembly. FIGURE. 6.
11. Dislodge Motor Sprocket Assembly from locking tabs (FIGURE. 6) and slide towards door end of the rail to feed Tensioner Assembly, and Belt out through the end of the Rail approximately 8”-10”. FIGURE. 5.
12. Remove Sprocket Pin and Sprocket from Tensioner assembly and slide Belt with Motor Sprocket Assembly towards Motor end of the rail and discard of the old Motor Sprocket Assembly. FIGURE. 6.
13. Install replacement Motor Sprocket Assembly 37558R.S and slide the Belt through rail towards the garage door end to reinstall Tensioner Sprocket and Pin.
14. Slide Motor Sprocket Assembly, and Tensioner Assembly back into original position making certain that locking tabs on Motor Sprocket Assembly protrude through slots in Rail and secure with the 2-1/4” screws.
15. Tighten Tensioner Nut until the slack is removed from the Belt.
16. Install Rail to Motor Head Assembly using the two Mounting Straps and 4 7/16” self-tapping screws.
17. Reinstall Opener Assembly in reverse order as removed. Reference your Owners Manual and Installation Poster.
18. Plug the garage door opener back in.
19. Reprogram the Limit settings per Owners Manual.