Garage Door Opener Surge Protector
This Universal Series Garage Door Opener Surge Protector is specifically designed to protect the most used entry device in your home, your garage door opener. This garage door opener surge protector is a simple addition to add peace of mind to your garage door opener, ensuring that it lasts for many years. While some new garage door openers have a certain amount of surge protection built-in, using a Genie garage door opener surge protector can provide additional safeguards for all garage door openers against harmful power surges that could otherwise damage electronics. The surge protector cuts power to the connected equipment in the event of a catastrophic surge or when the unit has absorbed as much excess energy as it can, thus ensuring that no damaging surges get through. As a safeguard, the LED illuminates when the surge protector is operating normally and will not illuminate if your garage door opener is not protected.
- 900 Joules Surge Protector
- UL and CUL approved
- Simple plug-in installation
- Universal! Works with all brand garage door openers.
- 1 Year Warranty
- Model: GSP-R
In Stock! Usually ships within 24 hours.ASK A QUESTION
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
What is the clamping voltage?
This surge protector is rated for 900 Joules.
Does it provide protection from brown-outs?
This surge protector is an electrical device that helps safeguard electronics from the harmful effects of power surges and voltage spikes. The surge protector can absorb and dissipate the power of a surge so that the connected equipment is shielded.
- Plug the surge protector into a properly grounded 120V AC power outlet within 4-6 ft of the garage door opener.
- Plug the garage door opener into the outlet on the front of the surge protector.
- Be sure the LED indicator on the surge protector is illuminated. If the LED indicator is not lighted – make sure the device is properly plugged into a working AC power outlet and/or check the AC power connection. If the LED is not illuminated, it may mean the outlet that the surge protector is plugged into is not properly grounded or it may mean a substantial surge event has occurred and the surge protector should be replaced.
• NOTE – The surge protector will still provide regular power to the connected equipment even if the LED indicator is not lit.
- Test all standard functions of the garage door opener such as opener activation using the wall button, remotes, and keypad.
- Test all safety functions of the garage door opener such as the illumination of the Safety Sensor LEDs. When the invisible beam between the safety sensors is broken while the door is closing, the opener should stop and reverse. Also, review and execute the Door Reversal Test (reference owners manual).
Rating Chart/Technical Specs
- Joule Rating – 900 Joules
- LED Indicator – Yes
- Electrical Ratings – 15A/125VAC/1875W/60Hz/Single Phase
- Clamping Voltage – 500V (L-N)/500V (L-G)/500V (N-G)
- Maximum Spike Current – up to 45,000A
- EMI/RFI Noise Filtration – 150 kHz – 100 Mhz; up to 40dB
We offer FREE shipping and handling on all orders that total over $17.99 and are shipped to a US address. All orders are shipped using UPS ground, directly from The Genie Company.
Buying GENUINE Genie accessories and parts guarantees that you are getting quality OEM materials backed by a Genie warranty.
Need assistance? We are here for you! We offer a wide range of customer support options including contact by phone or email, web chat services with a live agent, and a robust support section also located on our website. All customer care teams and services are based in the USA.