Aladdin Connect Installation Video with Door Position Sensor Instructions
Installing the Door Position Sensor for the Aladdin Connect
Pair DPS (door position sensor) to Aladdin Connect™
Open the Aladdin Connect™ app. Tap the DOORS icon. Follow on-screen prompts to add the new DPS to your system.
Install the DPS (door position sensor) to door.
DPS should be mounted on the TOP door panel only. Preferably on the far left or right under the top hinge on the steel end stile.
1. Affix double-sided tape strip to the back of mounting bracket and stick bracket to clean door end stile.
NOTE: Double-sided tape is designed to hold the bracket in place temporarily only. Not to be used for permanent mounting.
2. Pre-drill 2 - 3/32 holes. DO NOT drill all the way through the door.
3. Use included self-tapping screws to mount DPS bracket to top door panel end stile.
4. Slide DPS down onto mounting bracket. DPS should snap onto the bracket.
5. Test the door with the Aladdin Connect™ app.
NOTE: Door Control Module MUST be wired to additional door openers for the system to operate correctly. See instructions for Aladdin Connect™ wiring.
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
I have two Genie Pro Screw Drive garage door openers that are about 21 years old. What do I need to be able to operate via my iphone?
does a genie Aladdin connect allow to open and close the door or just monitor the door position
Yes, the Aladdin Connect will allow you to open, close, and monitor the garage door.
Is there any way to use this on a vertical open garage door?
No, this can not be used on a one-piece door.
How far away from the main Door Control Module can this be? I have a third garage door in a detached garage that I'd like to add.
Per UL compliance regulations the Door Control Module and the Door Position Sensor have to be mounted in the same building together. (They must be within visual range and sound).