Series III Dry Contact Adapter Switch
This Series III Dry Contact Adapter has been developed as a solution for openers that use Series III technology, making it possible to use common ‘on/off switched’ inputs when required with these garage door openers.
- This piece goes in between the switch and the series III wall console input
- Examples of such switches include doorbell switches, typical key switches, and other aftermarket accessories
- If your garage door opener has a wired gray wall console with black buttons, you have an opener with Series III electronics
In Stock! Usually ships within 24 hours.ASK A QUESTION
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Do you make one of these for Series 2 garage openers?
Series II garage door openers do not require a dry contact switch, they are already dry contact compatible and ready.
If you have two garage door openers in your garage, do you need two of these Dry Contact Adapter Switches? Do you need one for each garage door opener?
Yes, if you need the adapter for something, you would need one for each.
(38013R) DRY CONTACT ELECTRONIC SERIES CONVERTER INSTALLATION
Makes it possible to use older model wall controls with newer garage door openers.
TOOLS NEEDED: Phillips Screwdriver, wire cutters.
1. At a point near the wall control (5"-6" away):
• Cut the bell wires running between the opener powerhead and the older model wall control, Figure 1.
• Strip the ends of the wires to expose the copper conductor, Figure 2.
2. Plug the wires into the converter box terminals. Tug gently to ensure a good connection, Figure 3.
•wall control wire into the terminals marked “SWITCH.”
•wires connected to the powerhead plug into the terminals marked “OPENER.”
3. Mount the converter box to the wall using the screws provided.