37556R.S - Bullet Assembly Installation Instructions
Bullet Assembly 37556R.S Replacement Instructions
These instructions are written assuming that you will have ample room around the garage door opener to perform this repair. Some rare instances will require removal of the unit from it's mounting hardware and repair made on a bench or the garage floor. Refer to your owner's manual for proper assembly and carefully read and understand all warnings and cautions pertaining to your unit.
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE INPUT POWER LINES PRIOR TO REMOVING THE MOTOR COVER.
ANY AND ALL REPAIRS MADE TO THIS UNIT MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR DISCONNECTED FROM THE OPENER AND IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
1. Pull emergency release cord on the carriage to disengage opener to close the door if necessary. (If unable to lower the door using the garage door opener, use extreme caution manually closing the door. Before pulling the emergency release cord, make certain people and objects are clear of the garage door opening.)
2. Run the garage door opener until the belt bullet assembly is somewhere in mid travel to access it.
3. Unplug the garage door opener power cord from the power receptacle.
4. Loosen tensioner nut from the garage door end of the rail to create slack in the belt. (FIGURE 1). Do not completely remove the tensioner nut.
5. Remove the four screws from bullet assembly and then remove the old bullet. (FIGURE 2-A).
6. Install the new replacement bullet assembly 37556R.S in reverse order. (FIGURE 2-A).
7. Tighten tensioner nut until the slack is removed from the belt. Be sure to not overtighten.
8. Manually Operate the garage door until the carriage engages the new bullet assembly. The two will lock together.
9. Plug the garage door opener in.
10. Reprogram limit settings per the owners manual if necessary.