39338R.S - Motor Assembly Installation Instructions
PDF Printable Instructions for replacing the motor 39338R.S
Genie 39338R.S Motor Replacement Instructions
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE INPUT POWER LINES PRIOR TO REMOVING THE MOTOR COVER.
ANY AND ALL REPAIRS MADE TO THIS UNIT MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR DISCONNECTED FROM THE OPENER AND IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
1. Pull emergency release cord on carriage to disengage opener to close door if necessary. (If unable to lower door using opener, use extreme caution manually closing door. Before pulling emergency release cord, make certain people and objects are clear of door opening.)
2. Unplug opener power cord from power receptacle.
3. Remove Battery Backup (BBU) from powerhead if equipped:
• Unplug harness from top of powerhead.
• Remove two screws securing BBU to rear of powerhead.
• Tilt BBU up and slide mounting brackets out.
• Set BBU aside. FIG. 1.
4. Remove lens cover(s) by pressing top tabs down and slide lens cover(s) out. Remove light bulbs. FIG. 2.
5. Remove wall control and Safe-T-Beam® wires from terminal block located on side of two bulb models or rear of one bulb models FIG. 3. Use small common screwdriver to press in on orange tabs while gently pulling wires from block. Mark wires to help facilitate replacement.
6. Remove clevis pin and hairpin from door arm assembly. FIG. 4.
7. Remove opener from mounting hardware and set opener assembly on clean work surface.
8. Remove rail assembly from powerhead:
• On belt drive models, remove two screws and belt guard from rail assembly. FIG. 5.
• Remove four rail mounting bolts and slide rail assembly off of motor shaft. FIG. 6.
9. Remove 5/16” screws securing cover to chassis. FIG. 7.
NOTE: Pull Antenna from cover carefully.
10. Unplug these harnesses from control board. FIG. 8.
• Light Harness
• Motor Wires (2)
• Encoder Harness
• AC In Harness
• Transformer Primary Harness
• Transformer Secondary Harness
• BBU Harness if equipped
11. Remove control board mounting screws, slide board forward to remove from mounting clips. FIG. 9.
12. Remove three motor bolts from top of powerhead. FIG. 10.
13. Install replacement motor in reverse order.
14. Re-Install control board and all harnesses. FIG. 8.
Note: Be certain to install all harnesses in the correct position being sure to install with locking tabs facing each other. FIG 11.
15. Install powerhead cover to chassis. Feed antenna wire through hole in cover.
16. Reinstall rail assembly to powerhead in reverse order of step 8.
17. Reinstall opener assembly to mounting hardware and connect to door arms to carriage.
18. Reinstall door arms in reverse of step 6.
19. Install wall control and Safe-T-Beam wires.
20. Install light bulbs and lens cover(s).
21. Plug opener in.
22. Reset limits and operate opener and test all safety features and functions. Refer to your owners manual or visit www.GenieCompany.com.
23. Install BBU, if equipped. Plug BBU harness into top of powerhead.