Extension Kit (to 8') for 3 Piece, Belt Drive C-Channel Rails
An extension kit will extend the 3 piece, belt drive C-Channel rail for a 7' high door to accommodate an 8' high door. This kit is designed specifically for Genie belt drive openers.
- Compatible with Models: 3042, 4042, SilentMax 1000, SilentMax 1200
- For specific model information please see the plate on the operator's head
- Includes rail extension, belt, and hardware to install
- This kit allows opener to fully open garage doors up to 8ft. high
- Model EKBC
In Stock! Usually ships within 24 hours.ASK A QUESTION
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
What extension kit do I need for a Genie model 38959Y door opener?
The correct extension kit for the 38959Y is 39026R.
recently bought a Genie 1-1/4 HPc ultra-quite battery backup garage door opener. I need the 8ft. Extender Kit Model EKTB the local store does not have it in stock. Is it available ?
Yes, the extension kit EKTB is available through the link below, and also available at some retailers.
EKTB 39026R Extension kit
Will the included belt work with a Genie Quietlift 2040 unit; (don't need any of the other parts; just need the belt)?
No sorry the belt for the 2040 and 2040L model is no longer available. The part number was 36049R.S, so feel free to look at online retailers to see if you are able to locate. However we cannot guarantee it will be available or guarantee the seller information if you do locate one.
Do you have an extension kit for a 9 foot door and a StealthDrive Connect Model 7155-TKV
No, the extension kits only work up to an 8 foot tall door. For taller than 8 foot you would need a Genie professional unit, purchased at a Genie Dealer or a Side mount unit model 6172.
The Genie Dealer locator link is below.
Do you have a kit for a 3053-tsv belt drive? I have an 8 foot door
The 3053-TSV would use the EKTR extension kit, part 39026R to work on an 8-foot high garage door.
I have a intelli G 1200 with an 8’ door. I need a replacement belt for it. Is the belt the same for the 7’ and the 8’ extension? I just need the right belt. Thanks
If you have a rail for an 8-foot high garage door, you would need the 8-foot belt.
Is there an extension kit available for the Genie 1042-TKFV (For an 8 foot garage door)?
We no longer have the extension kits for the 1042 model garage door openers.
What extension kit/ piece parts are available to convert a 7'-0" 3120H-B, belt drive garage door opener, to an 8'-0" door opener? Thanks.
The 3120H-B model garage door opener is a professional model that would have been installed with a one-piece rail. An extension kit cannot be added to the one-piece rail. You would need to contact your Genie professional dealer to see about a one-piece rail for an 8-foot high door.
what extension kit do I need for a 7155L-TKV
The 7155L-TKV model garage door opener would use the EKTB, 39026R belt extension kit.
Will the belt in this kit fit a Pro Max PMX 500IC/B C channel 8ft door?
No, it will not. We no longer have a belt for the PMX500IC/B model garage door opener.
I am looking for an extension kit for a model 2024, belt drive, it is not C channel or box tube, it is "T" shaped.
I apologize, we no longer have the extension kit for the 2024 model.
What is extension kit part number for model 7155L - 8’ door
The 7155L garage door opener uses the 39026R belt drive extension kit.
What extension kit do I need for a 3053 for a 8 ft door
You would need the 39026R extension kit.
What extension kit for Model 7055?
For the 7055, you will need the extension kit part number 39026R.
Do you have belt for model 1024?
We no longer have the 7-foot belt for the 1024 model.
Do you have a part that extends for 9' garage doors? Or can I use two of these parts to extend for a 9' garage door?
We do not have extension kits for a 9-foot high garage door. (Two of these cannot be used together.) For a 9-foot high door we would recommend contacting a local Genie dealer about a professional model garage door opener with rail. You can locate a dealer in your area here on our dealer locator. https://www.geniecompany.com/locate-genie.aspx
Does this fit Model 3055 Silent max 750 - there is no indication that it does - and is there an extension kit available for the 750
You would need the extension kit part number 39026R for the model 3055.
Is this kit comes with the belt included?
Yes, it is.
37302R EKBC BELT RAIL EXTENSION KIT INSTRUCTIONS
Preparation: You will need a Phillips Head Screwdriver, 7/16” & 1/4” wrench or socket. Begin by completing steps 1A through 1F on the Assembly/Installation Poster. Do not begin Step 1G. Proceed with the instructions below to attach the Rail Extension.
Attachment Procedure: Looking down at the underside of the rail assembly (belt visible), position yourself so that the door end (pulley assembly) is on your left. Powerhead (drive sprocket) will be on your right.
1. Slide pulley assembly out of the rail end. Fig. 1
2. Carefully remove the pulley pin. Fig. 2
3. Remove the pulley guard screws and slide the pulley guard out of the rail end. Fig. 3
4. Disconnect the carriage from the bullet by pulling the red cord. Slide the carriage out of the rail end. Notice the orientation of the carriage as you remove it. Fig. 4
5. Lift the bullet out of the rail. Fig.5
6. Remove the four screws in the bullet, separate the bullet halves and remove the belt. Fig.6
7. Insert the replacement extended belt from the EKBC (37302) extension kit into the channel and reassemble the bullet using the four screws. Fig. 6, ensure belt is not twisted or bound.
8. Place the bullet and belt into the rail. Fig. 5
9. At the door end of the rail, slide the carriage back into the rail. Make sure the door arrow points toward the door. Fig. 7
10. Slide the rail coupler and 12 inch rail extension onto the pulley end of the rail. Coupler will slide onto the pulley end rail section until it meets the stop tab on the bottom of the rail. Align the 12 inch extension to the coupler with the pulley guard screw holes. Fig. 8
11. Slide the pulley guard into the rail. Position the belt through the alignment slots of the pulley guard. Insert the two pulley guard screws and tighten. The screws should align with the clearance holes on the rail coupler. Fig. 9
12. Place the belt into the pulley and align the pulley with the pin hole in the pulley holder. Insert the pin from underneath. It is important that the pin be inserted from the bottom as shown. Fig. 10
13. Slide the pulley assembly into the rail until it hooks onto the edges of the rail end. Check to make sure both sides of the pulley assembly are hooked on the rail end. The holes in the ends of the pulley assembly should match up with the mounting holes at the end of the rail. Important: confirm the pulley pin is still in place. Fig. 10-11
14. On the other end of the rail, slide the drive sprocket assembly to adjust its position until the tabs rest in the slots in the rail end. Insert two mounting screws and tighten with a 1/4” wrench or socket. Fig. 12.
Note: This is also illustrated in step 1G on the assembly & installation poster.
15. On the door end (pulley), tension the belt by tightening the adjustment nut on the pulley assembly until the belt does not ride on the rail (approximately 1/8” off the rail. Fig. 11
Note: This is also illustrated in step 2 on the assembly & installation poster.
16. Tie the short red release cord to the existing release cord on the carriage. This will allow for the cord to be within reach following installation.
17. Proceed to step 3 on the Genie Belt Drive assembly & installation poster.