Extension Kit (to 8') for 3 Piece, Chain Drive C-Channel Rails
An extension kit will extend the 3 piece, chain drive C-Channel rail for a 7' high door to accommodate an 8' high door. This kit is designed specifically for Genie chain drive openers.
- Compatible with Models: 3022, 4022, ChainMax 1000, ChainMax 1200
- For specific model information please see the plate on the operator head
- Includes instructions, rail extension, chain and hardware to install
- Kit allows opener to fully open garage doors up to 8ft. high
- Model EKCC
In Stock! Usually ships within 24 hours.ASK A QUESTION
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
What extension kit do I use for a 2028 model with a one piece rail chain drive.
We do not have extension kits that would work with the one-piece professional rails.
Which extension kit would I need for my Genie chain drive 750 3/4 HPc, model 7035-tkv to operate for a 10' door?
The Genie Chain Drive 750 with the added extension kit will only work on up to an 8-foot high garage door. We do not have extension kits that go higher than 8-feet. If you have a 10-foot high garage door, we would recommend contacting a Genie professional dealer. You can locate one here. They have models with 10-foot rails that can accomodate your garage door.
is there an extension kit for model #1/2 hp IC250/A
We no longer have the extension kit for the IC250/A model garage door opener.
Im looking to purchase a door opener for a new install. The door is 10' high, which opener and options are available?
For a 10-foot high garage door, we would recommend the wall mount style garage door openers.
what extension kit for the gcg350ml
We no longer have the extension kit for the GCG350ML model garage door opener.
Do you have extension kits for a model 2022 chain drive opener
We no longer have an extension kit for the 2022 model garage door opener.
What extension kit do I need for a Genie Pro Max 500 ic/b?
We no longer have an extension kit for the Pro Max 500 IC/B.
Does this fit the 1028
The 1028 ReliaG Professional unit normally has a 1-piece rail and would not take an extension kit. If it had a 3-piece C-Channel rail, then yes this would fit.
Which extension kit would I need for my Genie Ultra-Quiet, model 7155L-TKV to operate an 8’ door?
You would need the 39026R (ektb).
EKCC (37301R) CHAIN RAIL EXTENSION KIT INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
You will need a Phillips Head Screwdriver, 7/16” & 1/4” wrench or socket. Begin by completing steps 1A through 1F on the Assembly/Installation Poster. Do not begin Step 1G. Proceed with the instructions below to attach the 37301R garage door opener rail extension.
Rail Extension Attachment Procedure:
Looking down at the underside of the rail assembly (chain visible), position yourself so that the door end (pulley assembly) is on your left. Powerhead (drive sprocket) will be on your right.
1. Slide pulley assembly out of the rail end. Fig. 1
2. Carefully remove the pulley pin. Fig. 2
3. Remove the pulley guard screws and slide the pulley guard out of the rail end. Fig. 3
4. Disconnect the carriage from the bullet by pulling the red cord. Slide the carriage out of the rail end. Notice the orientation of the carriage as you remove it. Fig. 4
5. Lift the bullet out of the rail. Fig.5
6. Remove the four screws in the bullet, separate the bullet halves and remove the door side end of the chain. Fig.6
7. Insert the EKCC (37301R) Genie chain extension into the (door end) and reassemble the bullet using the four screws. Fig. 6
8. Connect the EKCC (37301R) chain extension to the original chain with the master link as shown. Make sure the chain is not twisted. Fig. 6
9. Place the bullet and chain into the rail.
10. At the door end of the rail, slide the carriage back into the rail. Make sure the door arrow points toward the door. Fig. 7
11. Slide the rail coupler and 12-inch rail extension onto the pulley end of the rail. Coupler will slide onto the pulley end rail section until it meets the stop tab on the bottom of the rail. Align the 12-inch extension to the coupler with the pulley guard screw holes. Fig. 8
12. Slide the pulley guard into the rail. Position the chain through the alignment slots of the pulley guard. Insert the two pulley guard screws and tighten. The screws should align with the clearance holes on the rail coupler. Fig. 9
13. Place the chain into the pulley and align the pulley with the pinhole in the pulley holder. Insert the pin from underneath. It is important that the pin be inserted from the bottom as shown. Fig. 10
14. Slide the pulley assembly into the rail until it hooks onto the edges of the rail end. Check to make sure both sides of the pulley assembly are hooked on the rail end. The holes in the ends of the pulley assembly should match up with the mounting holes at the end of the rail. Important: confirm the pulley pin is still in place. Fig. 10-11
15. On the other end of the rail, slide the drive sprocket assembly to adjust its position until the tabs rest in the slots in the rail end. Insert two mounting screws and tighten with a 1/4” wrench or socket. Fig. 12.
Note: This is also illustrated in step 1G on the assembly & installation poster.
16. On the door end (pulley), tension the chain by tightening the adjustment nut on the pulley assembly until the chain does not ride on the rail (approximately 1/8” off the rail. Fig. 11
Note: This is also illustrated in step 2 on the assembly & installation poster.
17. Tie the short red release cord to the existing release cord on the carriage. This will allow for the cord to be within reach following installation.
18. Proceed to step 3 on the Genie ChainDrive assembly & installation poster.