Extension Kit (to 8') for 5 Piece, Belt Drive Tube Rails
39026R RAIL EXTENSION KIT INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS (Tube Type Belt Rail)
A Supplement To The Chain/Belt Drive Assembly & Instructions Poster
Preparation: Refer to Assembly/Installation Poster, replace the header section of rail with the extension rail included with this kit.
Discard original Belt and add the extended Belt provided with the 39026R Extension kit prior to Step 1G. Add extended RED emergency release cord also provided.
1) Center idler pulley into EXTENDED header rail slot. Insert clevis pin through header rail
hole and idler pulley. Secure with the cotter pin. Fig. 1.
2) Insert 5/16”-18 x 2” bolt into EXTENDED header rail and secure with nut.
3) Proceed with the assembly of the rail per Assembly Poster until step 1f.
4) Prior to step 1f, discard original belt assembly.
5) Install extended belt assembly at step 1f. Fig. 2.
6) Continue with the installation poster at step 1g.
7) Discard original RED emergency release cord and install extended RED emergency release cord included with this kit at step 6 on assembly poster.
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
my door is 9 feet. i want to buy the genie opener but genie does not make an extension kit to accommodate a door larger than 8 feet?
We do not make an extension kit for a 9-foot high door. You would need to contact a Genie professional dealer for a rail to accommodate that. You can locate one near you by entering your zip code at www.geniecompany.com.
my 5 piece rails I s about 7 in short was replacing a craftsman with a 112in rail will the extender kit help me
If your garage door is 8 foot high, then yes the extension kit would help you. If it is taller than 8 foot, the opener will not work.