37030A.S - Motor Installation Instructions
PDF Instructions for Installation of 37030A.S Motor Replacement
37030A.S 800 Series Motor Replacement Instructions
This repair will require removal of the unit from it’s mounting hardware and repair made on a clean work surface. Refer to your owners manual to reverse the wiring, mounting, and assembly process. READ AND FOLLOW ALL SAFETY, INSTALLATION AND OPERATION INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS CONTAINED IN THESE INSTRUCTIONS AND THE OWNERS MANUAL. If you have any questions or do not understand an instruction, contact a trained service technician. Or call 800-354-3643.
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE INPUT POWER LINES PRIOR TO REMOVING THE MOTOR COVER.
ANY AND ALL REPAIRS MADE TO THIS UNIT MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR DISCONNECTED FROM THE OPENER AND IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
1. Before pulling the emergency release cord, make certain people and objects are clear of the garage door opening. Pull emergency release cord on the carriage to disengage opener to close the door if necessary. (If unable to lower door using opener, use extreme caution manually closing the door.
2. Remove power from garage door opener.
3. Remove lens cover(s) by pressing side tabs inward and remove light bulb(s). FIG. 1.
4. Remove wall console and Safe-T-Beam® wires from the terminal block located on the back of opener FIG. 1. Use a small common screwdriver to press in on orange locking clips while gently pulling wires from the block. Mark wires to help facilitate replacement.
5. Remove door arm clevis pin and cotter-hairpin to disconnect the operator from the door. FIG. 2.
6. Remove the garage door opener from mounting brackets and hardware and set on a clean work surface (or the floor).
7. Remove 3 bolts from rail assembly and set rail aside. FIG. 1.
8. Remove 2 screws securing circuit board to powerhead cover. FIG. 3.
9. Lower the circuit board assembly to access the control board and wire harnesses.
10. Note locations and unplug wire harnesses from the control board. FIG. 5.
• OPTO, LIGHTS, MOTOR, TRANSFORMER HARNESSES
11. Remove 4 screws securing the cover and remove the cover. FIG. 6.
12. Remove 3 screws at top of the powerhead to remove the motor. FIG. 7.
13. Install replacement 37030A.S motor in reverse order.
14. Replace powerhead cover with 4 screws.
15. Replace circuit board harnesses.
Note: Be certain to install all harnesses in the correct position.
16. Replace circuit board assembly and secure with 2 screws.
17. Install rail assembly to powerhead with 3 bolts.
18. Reinstall powerhead and rail assembly to ceiling and door. Steps 5,4,3.
19. Re-Install the light bulb(s) and lens cover(s).
20. Re-Apply power to the garage door opener.
21. Test the unit fully to ensure travel limits, remote controls, and all safety features are set and work correctly. Use your owners manual and/or assembly poster for reference.