37845R.S - Screw Drive Carriage Installation Instructions
PDF 37845R.S Carriage Replacement Instructions
Carriage (37845R.S) Replacement Instructions
This repair will require removal of the unit from it’s mounting hardware and repairs made on a bench or floor. Refer to your Owners Manual and/or Installation Poster for proper assembly and carefully read and understand all warnings and cautions pertaining to your unit.
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE INPUT POWER LINES PRIOR TO REMOVING THE MOTOR COVER.
ANY AND ALL REPAIRS MADE TO THIS UNIT MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR DISCONNECTED FROM THE OPENER AND IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
1. Pull Emergency Release Cord on Carriage to disengage Opener to close the door if necessary. (If unable to lower door using Opener, use extreme caution manually closing door. Before pulling the Emergency Release Cord, make certain people and objects are clear of the door opening.)
NOTE: The closer the Carriage is to the Door end of the Rail the easier it will be to replace. If possible, run operator all the way to the Down Limit travel before disassembly.
2. Unplug Opener Power Cord from power receptacle.
3. Open Lens Cover by pressing middle tab inward and remove Light Bulbs. FIG. 1.
4. Remove Wall Control and Safe-T-Beam wires from Terminal Block located on side of Opener FIG. 2. Use small common screwdriver to press in on orange tabs while gently pulling wires from block. Mark wires to help facilitate replacement.
5. Remove Network and Battery Backup Harnesses from front of Opener (if applicable).
6. Remove the Cotter Pin & Clevis from Door Arm to separate door from Opener. FIG. 3.
7. Remove Motor Head and Rail Assembly from mounting brackets and set on a clean work surface or floor.
NOTE: Be aware of the Motion Detector Bulb on bottom of Powerhead Cover. Do not set operator weight on this bulb FIG. 4.
8. Remove the 6-7/16” self-tapping bolts from the Rail/Motor mounting straps and pull Rail from Motor Head. FIG.4. Flip Rail upside-down on a flat clean surface with sufficient room to pull Screw Assembly from Rail.
9. Using a small common screwdriver, remove E-ring at Motor end of Bearing Block FIG. 5.
10. Slide Bearing Block towards Motor end of Rail to remove FIG. 5.
11. Remove second E-ring FIG. 5.
12. Push Drive Screw forward (door end) until Drive Screw is exposed out of the Rail FIG. 6
13. Pull Drive Screw out of the Rail just until the Carriage can be removed FIG. 6.
14. Install Rack Spring (FIG. 7-B) into grooves on the inside of Rack (FIG. 7-A) and carefully install into Carriage (FIG. 7-C) as shown.
15. While holding Rack, Spring, and Carriage together, lay Assembly against Drive Screw and hold in place.
16. While holding Carriage Assembly against Drive Screw, slide Drive Screw and Carriage back inside Rail.
17. Push Drive Screw Assembly fully forward until you can assemble Bearing Block.
18. Install forward (door end) E-ring.
19. Slide Bearing into forward (door end) side of Block and slide into place against E-ring FIG. 5.
20. Install Motor end Bearing and secure assembly with e-ring FIG. 5.
NOTE: The Slotted side of the Bearing Block MUST face towards the top of Rail. This is the slot for the Mounting Flange that holds the Rail to the Motorhead.
21. Install Rail to Motor Head Assembly using Coupler, Mounting Flange and 6-7/16” self-tapping screws. FIG. 4.
22. Reinstall Opener Assembly in reverse order as removed. Reference your Owners Manual and Installation Poster.
23. Install Wall Control and Safe-T-Beam wires. Install Battery Backup and/or Network Harnesses if applicable.
24. Install Light Bulbs and close Lens Cover.
25. Install Clevis & Cotter Pins from Door Arms to Shuttle.
26. Move disconnect lever on Shuttle to the upwards position and operate Door until Shuttle connects with Carriage inside rail. These two will lock together.
27. Plug Opener in.
28. Reprogram Limit Controls per Owners Manual.