37954R.S - 70MFD Capacitor Installation Instructions
PDF Instructions replacing the 37945R.S Capacitor
37945R.S Capacitor Replacement Instructions
This repair will require removal of the unit from it’s mounting hardware and repairs made on a bench or floor. Refer to your Owners Manual and/or Installation Poster for proper assembly and carefully read and understand all warnings and cautions pertaining to your unit.
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE INPUT POWER LINES PRIOR TO REMOVING THE MOTOR COVER.
ALL REPAIRS MADE TO THIS GARAGE DOOR OPENER MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE GARAGE DOOR DISCONNECTED FROM THE OPENER AND IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
1. Pull Emergency Release Cord on Carriage to disengage Opener to close door if necessary. (If unable to lower door using Opener, use extreme caution manually closing door. Before pulling Emergency Release Cord, make certain people and objects are clear of door opening.)
2. Unplug Opener Power Cord from power receptacle.
3. Open Lens Cover by pressing middle tab inward and remove Light Bulbs. FIG. 1.
4. Remove Wall Control and Safe-T-Beam wires from Terminal Block located on side of Opener FIG. 1. Use small common screwdriver to press in on orange tabs while gently pulling wires from block. Mark wires to help facilitate replacement.
5. Remove the Cotter Pin & Clevis from Door Arm to separate door from Opener. FIG. 2.
6. Remove Motor Head and Rail Assembly from mounting brackets and set on a clean work surface or floor.
7. Remove the 6-7/16” self tapping bolts from the Rail/Motor mounting straps and pull Rail from Motor Head. FIG.3. Set Rail Assembly aside.
8. Remove two 5/16” screws securing Powerhead Cover to Chassis. FIG. 4.
9. Remove Control Board Grounding Wire (green) FIG. 4.
10. Unplug these Harnesses from Control Board. FIG. 4. (DO NOT remove control board as illustrated. Shown for clarity only)
• Motor Harness
• Opto-Luctor Harness
• Power Cord Harness
11. Powerhead Cover can now be removed from Opener Chassis for repair.
12. Pull Motor Starting Capacitor from bracket.
13. If replacing the Capacitor only, remove wires (2-Yellow, 2-Orange) and replace the Capacitor in reverse order FIG. 5-A. Skip to step 15.
14. If replacing Capacitor Bracket, remove screw and replace Bracket and Capacitor in reverse order. FIG. 5-A.
15. Hang Powerhead Cover to Chassis to install harnesses.
16. Install all Wire Harnesses onto Control Board. FIG. 1.
NOTE: Be certain to install all harnesses in the correct position being sure to install with locking tabs facing each other. (See Harness Detail FIG. 6).
17. Install Control Board Grounding Wire (green) FIG. 4.
18. Secure Powerhead Cover onto Chassis using 2- 5/16” screws. FIG. 4.
19. Install Rail to Motor Head Assembly using Coupler, Mounting Flange, and 6-7/16” self-tapping screws. FIG. 3.
20. Reinstall Opener Assembly in reverse order as removed. Reference your Owners Manual and Installation Poster.
21. Install Wall Control and Safe-T-Beam wires. Install Battery Backup and/or Network Harnesses if applicable.
22. Install Light Bulbs and close Lens Cover.
23. Plug Opener in.
24. Clear and reprogram Limit Controls per Owners Manual.