38647S.S - Circuit Board Installation Instructions
38647S.S Genie Control Board Replacement Instructions
PDF Printable instructions for replacing the 38647S.S circuit/control board
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE INPUT POWER LINES PRIOR TO REMOVING ANY ELECTRICAL COMPONENT COVER.
ANY AND ALL REPAIRS MADE TO THIS UNIT MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR DISCONNECTED FROM THE UNIT AND IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
NOTE: The rail is not shown in the images, removing the rail is not necessary for this repair.
These instructions are written assuming that you will have ample room around the unit to perform this repair. Some rare instances will require removal of the unit from it’s mounting hardware and repair made on a bench or floor. Refer to your owners manual and/or installation poster for proper assembly and/or programming and carefully read and understand all warnings and cautions pertaining to your unit. Manuals/instructions can be downloaded from our websites. Refer to your unit label for website information.
Parts Included in this kit: Control board assembly, 2 mounting screws.
Tools Required: 1/4” nut driver, small common screwdriver.
Approximate Time Required: 30 Minutes.
1. Remove power from operator.
2. Press down on tabs to remove lens. FIG-1
3. Remove light bulb.
4. Note locations and remove BWC (Basic Wall Control) and STB (Safe-T-Beam®) wires. Use small screwdriver to press in on orange tabs to remove wires. FIG-2
5. Using a 1/4” nut driver or common screw driver, remove the 3 opener cover screws and opener cover. FIG-2
6. Note the locations and remove lights, transformer primary, AC power, red & black motor wires, transformer secondary, and encoder harnesses. FIG-3
7. Using a 1/4” nut driver or common screw driver, remove 2 control board mounting screws and remove control board. FIG-3
8. Install the replacement control board, harnesses, opener cover, BWC & STB wires, light bulb and lens in reverse order as removed.
9. Reapply power to operator.
NOTE: Limit settings will require reprogramming. Refer to your owners manual for detailed instructions.
IMPORTANT: Test opener functions. The door MUST reverse on contact with a 1-1/2” high object (or a 2 x 4 board laid flat) at the center of doorway on the floor. After adjusting either the force or limit of travel, retest door opener. Failure to adjust the opener properly may cause severe injury or death.