39410R.S - Replacement Chain Rail Installation Instructions
39410R.S Replacement Chain Rail Instructions
PDF Printable version of the instructions for the 39410R.S Genie chain rail replacement instructions
Chain Rail Replacement
For use on models: 1035, 2035, 2036, 2055, 3035, 3055, 7035, 7055 ONLY!
This repair will require removal of the unit from its mounting hardware and repair made on a bench or floor. Refer to your Owners Manual/Installation Poster for proper assembly and carefully read and understand all warnings and cautions pertaining to your unit.
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE INPUT POWER LINES PRIOR TO REMOVING THE POWERHEAD.
ANY AND ALL REPAIRS MADE TO THIS UNIT MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR DISCONNECTED FROM THE OPENER AND IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
1. Pull emergency release cord on the carriage to disengage opener to close the door, if necessary. (If unable to lower door using an opener, use extreme caution manually closing the door. Before pulling the emergency release cord, make certain people and objects are clear of the door opening.)
2. Unplug the opener power cord from power receptacle.
3. Remove Battery Backup (BBU) from powerhead, if equipped:
4. Unplug the harness from top of the powerhead.
5. Remove two screws securing BBU to the rear of the powerhead.
6. Tilt BBU up and slide mounting brackets out. FIG. 1.
7. Set BBU aside.
8. Remove lens cover(s) by pressing top tabs down and slide lens cover(s) out. Remove light bulbs. FIG. 2.
9. Remove wall control and Safe-T-Beam® wires from the terminal block located on side of two bulb models or rear of one bulb models FIG. 3. Use a small common screwdriver to press in on orange tabs while gently pulling wires from the block. Mark wires to help facilitate replacement.
10. Remove clevis pin and hairpin from door arm assembly. FIG. 4.
11. Remove opener from mounting hardware and set opener assembly on clean work surface.
12. Remove rail assembly from the powerhead.
• Remove 4 bolts from rail mount on top of powerhead and slide rail assembly off of the motor shaft.
13. Assemble the 39410R.S replacement chain rail assembly:
13a. Align pulley in rail slot and insert clevis pin through header rail hole and idler pulley. Secure with cotter pin.
13b. Insert 5/16”-18 x 2” bolt into header rail and secure with nut.
13c. Slide carriage assembly onto the header rail section. Note “door” arrow will point towards idler pulley.
13d. Insert rail sections together by hand as shown. Assembled length is approximately 9’3”.
13e. Insert sprocket support assembly into last rail section and place rail strap onto the rail.
13f. Route chain assembly gold-threaded shaft around the idler pulley and silver threaded end around the sprocket.
13g. Install turnbuckle with “door” end arrow onto the gold-threaded end by rotating counter-clockwise one full turn.
13h. Disengage carriage assembly by rotating release handle downward and insert turnbuckle through the carriage as shown.
Ensure the chain is not twisted or bound.
13i. Continue routing the chain assembly until turnbuckle is near the middle of the rail. Insert silver threaded shaft into
the turnbuckle and rotate turnbuckle counter-clockwise one full turn.
13j. Hold chain and rotate turnbuckle with thumbs counter-clockwise until the chain is tensioned properly. Measure chain tension on the opposite side of the rail until 1/4” from the bottom of the rail.
13k. Once proper tension has been established, hold turnbuckle in place with a 7/16” or adjustable wrench. Tighten both tension nuts with a 7/16” wrench.
13l. Lower the drive sprocket over the spline shaft on top of the powerhead. Align the rail strap and sprocket support with holes in powerhead. Fully tighten 1/4”-14 x 5/8” self-tapping screws. Do not overtighten.
See above for installation illustrations for steps 14 -20.
14. Reinstall opener assembly to mounting hardware.
15. Reinstall door arms in reverse of step 10.
16. Install wall control and Safe-T-Beam wires.
17. Install light bulbs and lens cover(s).
18. Reengage the carriage.
19. Plug opener in.
20. Operate opener and test all safety features. Refer to the owners manual or visit www.GenieCompany.com
NOTE: Limits may require reprogramming. Refer to your owners manual.
21. Install BBU, if equipped. Plug BBU harness into the top of the powerhead.
22. Inspect chain for sag and readjust tension if needed.