Circuit Board 38874R4.S
Circuit Board 38874R4.S
Configured replacement circuit board for Genie chain and belt-drive garage door opener models. Use this 38874R4.S replacement circuit board to get your garage door opener up and running quickly if you have determined your circuit board needs to be replaced.
- Compatible with models 4024, 4042 (IntelliG 1200, SilentMax 1200)
- If you have a wall console that is gray with black buttons you will also need to purchase wall console 39165R or the circuit board wall console kit 38875R4.S
- Genuine Genie replacement part
- Requires re-programming with the new board
In Stock! Usually ships within 24 hours.ASK A QUESTION View full details
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Can I order parts over the 800 # !
Yes, you can order parts by calling the 800-354-3643. Please be aware some of the prices may vary over the phone from website prices.
You can also order through our online website.
There is a wire with 3 screws that appear in the photos near the circuit board. What is this wire used for ? Please explain. Thanks.
These screws included in the Circuit Board 38874R4.S are used for installing the circuit board. You may be able to reuse the original screws, but these are provided in case the original screws are lost or damaged.
One of my Overhead Door Phantom garage door openers has a broken "learn" button. I am not ready to replace the unit(s) just yet though they are 15 years old. do I need to replace the board?
The circuit board would need to be replaced if you cannot push the learn button, or if everything else is working fine, you could add the universal conversion kit.
Hi, I have a model 4042 but the circuit board has a part number 36681R on it. That is a different part number than what your website says I need. Is the 38874R4.S the replacement for the 36681R? My wall unit is black with white buttons but the bottom 2 buttons are bigger than what is pictured in the bundle. Thank you, Matt
The 4042 correct circuit board replacement is 38874R4.S. The wall console changed looks slightly, but if you have one with white buttons, you would not need to replace it.
I have intelliG 1200 that is now not working due to mouse pee and short in bulb wiring mouse eat the wires fuse blown. the board number is 38001R model 4024 what board can you recomend? Circuit Board / Series II Wall Console Bundle or Circuit Board 38874R4.S
If you have the Series II wall console already (it should have white buttons and not black), then you would just need the circuit board. If you have a Series III wall console (it would have black buttons) you will want to get the bundle because you would need to replace the wall console.
38874R4.S DC Control Board Replacement
These instructions are written assuming that you will have ample room around Opener to perform this repair. Some rare instances will require removal of the unit from its mounting hardware and repair made on a bench or floor. Refer to your Owner’s Manual for proper assembly and carefully read and understand all warnings and cautions pertaining to your unit.
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE INPUT POWER LINES PRIOR TO REMOVING THE MOTOR COVER.
ANY AND ALL REPAIRS MADE TO THIS UNIT MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR DISCONNECTED FROM THE OPENER AND IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
1. Pull emergency release cord on the carriage to disengage opener to close the door if necessary. (If unable to lower door using the garage door opener, use extreme caution manually closing the door. Before pulling the red emergency release cord, make certain people and objects are clear of the door opening.)
2. Unplug the opener power cord from power receptacle.
3. Open lens cover by pressing middle tab inward and remove light bulbs. FIG. 1.
4. Remove wall control and Safe-T-Beam wires from the terminal block located on side of opener FIG. 1. Use a small common screwdriver to press in on orange tabs while gently pulling wires from the terminal block. Marking the wires can help facilitate replacement.
5. Unplug any optional accessories such as a battery backup and/or network adapter.
6. Remove the two 5/16” screws securing powerhead cover to chassis. FIG. 2.
7. Allow the motor cover to swing down to access control board and wire harnesses.
8. Unplug the following harnesses from the control board. FIG. 4.
• Light harness
• Motor harness
• Opto harness (see step 12-13)
• AC IN harness
• Motion Detector harness (if equipped)
• Green ground wire to chassis (if equipped).
REMOVE AND DISCARD.
9. Powerhead cover can now be removed from opener chassis for repair. (If equipped) Special care should be taken to prevent damage to the motion detector bulb located on the bottom of the motor cover.
10. Remove the three control board mounting screws and the old control board. FIG 3.
11. Feed the new antenna wire through the hole in the cover. Mount the new replacement control board 38874R3.S to the cover and secure with the three screws removed in step 10.
--- SEE BELOW FOR MOTOR TYPES ---
12. If your motor compares to MOTOR TYPE 1. Remove existing harness from the motor and plug pre-installed OPTO SENSOR harness from new control board directly into the motor.
13. If your motor compares to MOTOR TYPE 2. Remove pre-installed OPTO SENSOR harness from the control board and plug existing OPTO harness from the motor into DUAL ENCODER OPTO SENSOR plug on replacement control board. (Or use new harness packed with control board).
14. Hang powerhead cover to chassis to connect all other harnesses that were removed in step 8.
15. Swing the powerhead cover up onto the chassis and secure using the screws that were removed in step 6.
16. Install wall control and Safe-T-Beam wires. Install battery backup and/or network harnesses if applicable.
17. Install light bulbs and close lens cover.
18. Reapply power to the opener.
19. Limit controls, transmitters, and full function test will be required. Refer to your owner’s manual and/or assembly poster for more detailed information
We offer FREE shipping and handling on all orders that total over $17.99 and are shipped to a US address. All orders are shipped using UPS ground, directly from The Genie Company.
Buying GENUINE Genie accessories and parts guarantees that you are getting quality OEM materials backed by a Genie warranty.
Need assistance? We are here for you! We offer a wide range of customer support options including contact by phone or email, web chat services with a live agent, and a robust support section also located on our website. All customer care teams and services are based in the USA.