Garage Door Opener Hanging Kit
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Read and follow all instructions for the installation of the garage door opener.
- Attach the door opener to the door header bracket as described in the opener installation manual.
- Ensure that the opener cord is in reach of the nearest power outlet. DO NOT connect the opener using an extension cord.
- Prop opener up to be level or slightly lower than level and measure from opener mounting tabs to ceiling.
- Cut the two- 20in. drop down brackets to that length with a hack saw or other suitable tool.
- Mount the 26in. ceiling bracket to the ceiling directly above the opener mounting tabs with the two provided lag screws.
- NOTE: Lag screws MUST be mounted to garage framing material. DO NOT install lag screws into ceiling cover material such as plywood or drywall only.
- Measure the width of the opener mounting tabs and using provided bolts & nuts, install the two drop brackets onto ceiling bracket.
- Raise opener and use two provided bolts & nuts to secure drop down brackets to opener mounting tabs.
- Place the 14in. cross brace onto drop down brackets and secure with two provided bolts & nuts at approximately 45 deg. angle.
- Tighten all nuts & bolts and continue opener installation.