Garage Door Opener Hanging Kit
Use this universal hanging kit to hang any brand of garage door opener! Easily adjust placement with pre-punched holes or cut angle as needed to fit. The perforated angle sticks allow you to safely hang your new garage door opener from the ceiling.
- Pre-punched holes (1” on center, 25/64 diameter)
- Rigid 13G perforated angle
- Contents Include:
- (1) 26” L ceiling brace: 1.25” x 1.25”, 13G angle
- (2) 20” L vertical dropdown pieces: 1.25” x 1.25”, 13G angle
- (1) 14” L cross brace: 1.25” x 1.25”, 13G angle, 13G angle
- Hardware and instructions included
In Stock! Usually ships within 24 hours.ASK A QUESTION
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
HI can I buy the light-duty flex steel that comes with a garage door opener
Yes most home centers sell the steel straps provided with our openers.
Garage Door Opener Hanging Kit Installation Below
Installing the garage door opener hanging kit
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Read and follow all instructions for the installation of the garage door opener.
- Attach the door opener to the door header bracket as described in the opener installation manual.
- Ensure that the opener cord is in reach of the nearest power outlet. DO NOT connect the opener using an extension cord.
- Prop opener up to be level or slightly lower than level and measure from opener mounting tabs to ceiling.
- Cut the two- 20in. drop down brackets to that length with a hack saw or other suitable tool.
- Mount the 26in. ceiling bracket to the ceiling directly above the opener mounting tabs with the two provided lag screws.
- NOTE: Lag screws MUST be mounted to garage framing material. DO NOT install lag screws into ceiling cover material such as plywood or drywall only.
- Measure the width of the opener mounting tabs and using provided bolts & nuts, install the two drop brackets onto ceiling bracket.
- Raise opener and use two provided bolts & nuts to secure drop down brackets to opener mounting tabs.
- Place the 14in. cross brace onto drop down brackets and secure with two provided bolts & nuts at approximately 45 deg. angle.
- Tighten all nuts & bolts and continue opener installation.
We offer FREE shipping and handling on all orders that total over $17.99 and are shipped to a US address. All orders are shipped using UPS ground, directly from The Genie Company.
Buying GENUINE Genie accessories and parts guarantees that you are getting quality OEM materials backed by a Genie warranty.
Need assistance? We are here for you! We offer a wide range of customer support options including contact by phone or email, web chat services with a live agent, and a robust support section also located on our website. All customer care teams and services are based in the USA.