Motor (600 Series) - 36447A.S
Motor Replacement Instructions (36447A.S)
This repair will require removal of the unit from it’s mounting hardware and repair made on a clean work surface. Refer to your owners manual to reverse the wiring, mounting, and assembly process. READ AND FOLLOW ALL SAFETY, INSTALLATION AND OPERATION INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS CONTAINED IN THESE INSTRUCTIONS AND THE OWNERS MANUAL. If you have any questions or do not understand an instruction, contact a trained service technician. Or call 800-354-3643.
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE INPUT POWER LINES PRIOR TO REMOVING THE MOTOR COVER.
ANY AND ALL REPAIRS MADE TO THIS UNIT MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR DISCONNECTED FROM THE OPENER AND IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
1. Before pulling emergency release cord, make certain people and objects are clear of door opening. Pull emergency release cord on carriage to disengage opener to close door if necessary. (If unable to lower door using opener, use extreme caution manually closing door.
2. Remove power from opener.
3. Remove lens cover(s) by pressing side tabs inward and remove light bulb(s). FIG. 1.
4. Remove wall control and Safe-T-Beam® wires from terminal block located on back of opener FIG. 1. Use small common screwdriver to press in on orange locking clips while gently pulling wires from block. Mark wires to help facilitate replacement.
5. Remove door arm clevis pin and cotter-hairpin to disconnect operator from door. FIG. 2.
6. Remove opener from mounting brackets and hardware and set on a clean work surface.
7. Remove 3 bolts from rail assembly and set rail aside. FIG. 1.
8. Remove 2 screws securing control board to powerhead cover. FIG. 3.
9. Lower the control board assembly to access control board and wire harnesses.
10. Note locations and unplug wire harnesses from control board. FIG. 5.
• OPTO, LIGHTS, MOTOR, TRANSFORMER HARNESSES
11. Remove 4 screws securing cover and remove cover. FIG. 6.
12. Remove 3 screws at top of powerhead to remove motor. FIG. 7.
13. Install replacement 36447A.S motor in reverse order.
14. Replace cover with 4 screws.
15. Replace control board harnesses.
Note: Be certain to install all harnesses in the correct position.
16. Replace control board assembly and secure with 2 screws.
17. Install rail assembly to powerhead with 3 bolts.
18. Reinstall powerhead and rail assembly to ceiling and door. Steps 5,4,3.
19. Install light bulb(s) and lens cover(s).
20. Apply power to opener.
21. Test unit fully to ensure travel limits, remote controls and all safety features work correctly. Refer to your owners manual and/or assembly poster.
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
what is the horsepower of this unit, and how much weight can it handle?
This was on a 1/2 HP garage door opener. Rated for a 500lb door.
Will I have to remove the chain and sprocket in order to get to the bolts that hold the motor in place?
Yes, you would have to remove the rail from the powerhead.
I have a 1024 and the opener worked for approximately one minute and then is unresponsive. Pulled it apart, put it back together and same thing- worked for a minute then stopped. Getting three blinking green light. I have tried everything - any thoughts?
You can view some troubleshooting tips for the 1024 model garage door opener here. If you are getting 3 blinks, that normally means the limits are set backward. You would want to clear and reset the limits shown here in the owner's manual in section 6.