Motor Assembly - 38644R.S
38644R.S DC Motor Assembly Replacement Instructions
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE INPUT POWER LINES PRIOR TO REMOVING ANY ELECTRICAL COMPONENT COVER.
ANY AND ALL REPAIRS MADE TO THIS UNIT MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR DISCONNECTED FROM THE UNIT AND IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
NOTE: Rail not shown, rail removal is necessary for this repair.
This repair will require removal of the unit from its mounting hardware and repair made on a bench or floor. Refer to your owners manual and assembly poster for proper assembly and carefully read and understand all warnings and cautions pertaining to your unit. Manuals/instructions can be downloaded from our websites. Refer to your unit label for website information.
Parts Included in this kit: Motor Assembly, 3 Self Tapping Mounting Screws.
Tools Required: 1/4” nut driver, small common screwdriver, 10mm wrench/socket.
Approximate Time Required: 60 Minutes.
1. Remove power from operator.
2. Press down on tabs to remove lens. FIG-1
3. Remove light bulb.
4. Note locations and remove BWC (Basic Wall Control) and STB (Safe-T-Beam®) wires. Use small screwdriver to press in on orange tabs to remove wires. FIG-2
5. Disconnect rail assembly and mounting hardware from the opener assembly and move to a suitable bench or clean floor.
6. Using a 1/4” nut driver or common screwdriver, remove the 3 opener cover screws and remove opener cover. FIG-2
7. Note the locations and disconnect lights, transformer primary, AC power, red & black motor wires, transformer secondary, and encoder harnesses. FIG-3
8. Using a 1/4” nut driver or common screwdriver, remove 2 control board mounting screws and remove control board. FIG-3
9. Carefully remove all harnesses from harness keepers. FIG-3
10. Using a 10mm socket/wrench, remove 3 self tapping bolts from top of operator to remove motor. FIG-4
11. Install replacement motor in reverse order. TIP: Motor Bolts (3) are self tapping screws. Extra effort will be required to start these screws.
12. Carefully slide all harnesses back into harness keepers.
13. Reinstall the control board, harnesses, and opener cover in reverse order. Ensure that harnesses are plugged in the correct positions. FIG-3
14. Reinstall rail assembly to operator motor head assembly and reconnect to mounting hardware and door.
15. Reinstall BWC & STB wires, light bulb and lens.
16. Reapply power to operator.
NOTE: Limit settings will require reprogramming. Refer to your owners manual for detailed instructions.
IMPORTANT: Test opener functions. The door MUST reverse on contact with a 1-1/2” high object (or a 2 x 4 board laid flat) at the center of doorway on the floor. After adjusting either the force or limit of travel, retest door opener. Failure to adjust the opener properly may cause severe injury or death.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.