Motor Assembly (Dual Encoder AC Screw Drive) - 39045R.S
Dual encoder replacement screw drive motor assembly for the Genie model garage door openers listed below.
- Motor Assembly includes: Motor, Screw drive lubricant, Optical Encoder gear (RPM Sensor), the wiring harnesses for the motor and encoder, screws, and the instruction sheet
- Genuine Genie replacement part
- Compatible with models: 2564, 2568, 2562
In Stock! Usually ships within 24 hours.ASK A QUESTION
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
My model no. 2562 has stopped opening the door. It will raise the door about a foot then will grind away and the threaded drive will stop but the motor will still grind away.
This sounds like the carriage is possibly stripped out. If the motor is running, but the screw inside the rail is turning, and you hear the grinding noise you would need to replace the carriage. The part number for the 2562 model carriage is 37845R.S. If this is not what is happening please contact Genie customer service at 1-800-354-3643 for assistance.
39045R.S AC Screw Drive Motor Replacement Instructions
PDF Printable Version instructions for replacing the screw drive motor 39045R.S
This repair will require removal of the unit from it’s mounting hardware and repairs made on a bench or floor. Refer to your Owners Manual and/or Installation Poster for proper assembly and carefully read and understand all warnings and cautions pertaining to your unit.
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE INPUT POWER LINES PRIOR TO REMOVING THE MOTOR COVER.
ANY AND ALL REPAIRS MADE TO THIS UNIT MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR DISCONNECTED FROM THE OPENER AND IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
1. Pull emergency release cord on carriage to disengage opener to close door if necessary. (If unable to lower door using opener, use extreme caution manually closing door. Before pulling emergency release cord, make certain people and objects are clear of door opening.)
2. Unplug the garage door opener power cord from power receptacle.
3. Open lens cover by pressing middle tab inward to swing down and remove light bulbs. Fig. 1.
4. Remove wall control and Safe-T-Beam wires from terminal block located on side of opener fig. 1. Use small common screwdriver to press in on orange tabs while gently pulling wires from block. Mark wires to help facilitate replacement.
5. Remove network and battery backup harnesses from front of opener (if applicable).
6. Remove the cotter pin & clevis from door arm to separate door from opener. Fig. 2.
7. Remove motorhead and rail assembly from mounting brackets/hardware and set on a clean work surface or floor.
Note: Be aware of the motion detector bulb on bottom of powerhead cover (if equipped). Do not set operator weight on this bulb.
8. Remove the 6-7/16” self tapping bolts from the rail/motor mounting straps and pull rail from motor head. Fig.3. Set rail assembly aside.
9. Remove two 5/16” screws securing powerhead cover to chassis and swing open to expose control board. Fig. 4.
NOTE: Do not remove control board from cover, shown for clarity only.
10. Remove grounding wires (green) from chassis. FIG. 6B.
11. Unplug these harnesses from control board. FIG. 5.
• Motor harness
• Opto Sensor harness
• AC in harness
12. Powerhead cover can now be removed from opener chassis.
13. Remove yellow and orange motor wires to start capacitor FIG. 6A
14. Remove three motor mounting bolts from motor frame FIG. 6C. Remove motor assembly.
15. Installing replacment motor and opto harness. Reference figure 6 & 7.
• Apply supplied lubricant to Opto Wheel shaft and install Opto Wheel. FIG. 6.
• If you are replacing a single encoder motor and have the original single encoder (4-prong) circuit board, remove opto harness from old motor and plug into the dual encoder motor as shown in FIG. 7A.
• If you are replacing a dual encoder motor and have a dual encoder circuit board (6-prong) use opto harness included with the new motor. See FIG. 7B.
Note: Be certain to install all harnesses in the correct position being sure to install with locking tabs facing each other. (Detailed in FIG. 5)
16. Hang powerhead cover to chassis to install harnesses.
17. Install yellow and orange wires onto start capacitor.
18. Install ground wires onto chassis.
19. Swing powerhead cover up and install to chassis using 2- 5/16” screws.
20. Install rail to motor head assembly using coupler, mounting flange and 6-7/16” self tapping screws.
21. Reinstall opener assembly in reverse order as removed. Reference your owners manual and installation poster.
22. Install wall control and Safe-T-Beam wires. Install battery backup and/or network harnesses if applicable.
23. Install light bulbs and close lens cover.
24. Plug opener into receptacle.
25. Clear and reprogram limit controls per owners manual.
For Technical Assistance Contact Customer Service at 1-800-354-3643
We offer FREE shipping and handling on all orders that total over $17.99 and are shipped to a US address. All orders are shipped using UPS ground, directly from The Genie Company.
Buying GENUINE Genie accessories and parts guarantees that you are getting quality OEM materials backed by a Genie warranty.
Need assistance? We are here for you! We offer a wide range of customer support options including contact by phone or email, web chat services with a live agent, and a robust support section also located on our website. All customer care teams and services are based in the USA.