Series III Dry Contact Adapter Switch
(38013R) DRY CONTACT ELECTRONIC SERIES CONVERTER INSTALLATION
Makes it possible to use older model wall controls with newer garage door openers.
TOOLS NEEDED: Phillips Screwdriver, wire cutters.
1. At a point near the wall control (5"-6" away):
• Cut the bell wires running between the opener powerhead and the older model wall control, Figure 1.
• Strip the ends of the wires to expose the copper conductor, Figure 2.
2. Plug the wires into the converter box terminals. Tug gently to ensure a good connection, Figure 3.
•wall control wire into the terminals marked “SWITCH.”
•wires connected to the powerhead plug into the terminals marked “OPENER.”
3. Mount the converter box to the wall using the screws provided.
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
If you have two garage door openers in your garage, do you need two of these Dry Contact Adapter Switches? Do you need one for each garage door opener?
Yes, if you need the adapter for something, you would need one for each.