HomeLink® System Programming for Genie® garage door openers
Clearing the HomeLink system happens by pressing and holding the first and third buttons down for about 20 seconds or until the indicator on the HomeLink blinks fast. Then release both HomeLink buttons 1 and 3. You only need to clear the HomeLink from your car if you do not have an unused button or this is a pre-owned car that may have a previous owners garage door opener installed.
Programming the car's HomeLink using your Genie garage door opener remote
- Choose the button on your HomeLink that you want to use to open your garage door and have a Genie garage door opener remote that currently operates your garage door nearby.
- Make sure that there are no obstructions, people, or animals in the path of the garage door since it will move during programming.
- While holding the button on your remote also hold down the Homelink button that you wish to have operate your Genie garage door opener.
- The HomeLink light will start flashing slowly, then it will begin to blink fast, when it blinks fast, release both the HomeLink button and the button on your Genie garage door opener remote.
- Find the learn or program (PGRM) button on your Genie garage door opener
- Hold down the learn or program button until the small LED turns on.
- Release the PRGM or Learn button and the larger LED light will begin to blink
- Press the HomeLink button, that you would like to operate your Genie garage door opener 3 times (hold each press for one second). On the fourth press your door should operate.
- This means that your programming of HomeLink to your Genie garage door opener was a success.
If these instructions did not result in a successful pairing of HomeLink to your Genie garage door opener please see links to more detailed instructions per model and HomeLink's page.
Detailed instructions for programming Homelink to a Genie Garage Door Opener (PDF View)
Visit the HomeLink Website for more details
These instructions should work for the following vehicle manufacturers to program Homelink:
- Land Rover
- Ram Truck
Both my vehicles lost connection with my Genie 7055. I’ve tried several times to re-link the cars HomeLink without success. I’ve followed all instructions and they won’t link (using Genie remote or Program button). Please help.
This does not work.
Tried the instructions just as they are written and they do not work. I even tried 2 different remotes and 3 different vehicles.
@Calvin. The 3120 will work with Homelink. It may if you have followed the instructions and it is not working on either vehicle, it is possible that it is a problem with the remote you are using to program it. I will reach out to your email to try to help you resolve this.
We just had a Genie 3120 Garage Door Opener installed as a replacement for a 4062 that stopped working. However, I cannot get the opener to connect to Homelink in our 2020 Mazda CX-9 or 2020 Hyundai Sonata. I’m sure I’ve followed instructions properly because I had the vehicles connected to our other opener. Any help would be appreciated. This opener was too expensive not to have it not be able to connect to our relatively new vehicles.
@Brian. It sounds like you have a unit that can hold up to seven wireless devices. This includes any old remotes, or wireless devices that have been programmed. Once there is seven, any new remote programmed will kick the last one out that was programmed. To fix this, you can clear the receiver. To clear it press and hold the learn code button in until the red led light goes out. Then reprogram each wireless device back in to the power head up to seven.
You can also call 1-800-354-3643 for programming assistance.