Battry Backup Harware/ Battery Replacement
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE INPUT POWER LINES PRIOR TO REMOVING THE MOTOR COVER.
ANY AND ALL REPAIRS MADE TO THIS UNIT MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR DISCONNECTED FROM THE OPENER AND IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
Proper care should be used when handling a battery. Eye protection should be worn.
NOTE: DO NOT reverse the polarity (+) and (-) as this will damage the powerhead.
1. Unplug the powerhead for the power source.
2. Unplug the battery backup from harness connection.
3. Remove both mounting screws from the rear of the battery backup.
4. Detach the battery backup from the back of the opener by tilting the BBU approximately 45 degrees and lifting up towards the ceiling. (See figure 1)
5. Remove 4 screws from the battery hold down bracket.
6. Remove the battery.
7. Disconnect the harness wires from the (+) and (-) terminals. (See figure 2)
8. Replace in reverse order
NOTE: Allow 24-48 hours to charge the battery before testing.