Belt/ Chain Drive Carriage Assembly - 36453A.S
Product has been discontinued and is NO LONGER AVAILABLE.
This 36453A.S carriage assembly replaces the carriage on the compatible belt and chain drive Genie garage door openers.
- Compatible with models 1024, 2024, 1026, 2026 , 1022, 2022, 1042, 2042, 2027 (ChainLift 600, ReliaG 600, BeltLift 600, ChainLift 800, ReliaG 800, ChainLift 700, and QuietLift 800)
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Does the chain connect to the carriage?
The chain attaches to the "connector" that connects the chain together.
Can I use this with model PCG400? Looks like mine is discontinued. #11 on the rail. Carriage and glide assy.
No, the 36453A.S is not compatible with your PCG400 model. The carriage is no longer available on this model.
Will this belt / chain assembly fit a model SP 99 chain driven
Sorry this belt is not compatible with a Genie model SP99, the belt for that unit is not available due to the age.
Is there an alternative I can find that would work for my garage door opener? I have a genie model 2024 professional line opener in my garage. My home was built in 2015. Please let me know.
No, sorry, unfortunately there is no replacement for the Belt/ Chain Drive Carriage Assembly - 36453A.S.
PDF 36453A.S Carriage replacement instructions
Replacing the Belt or Chain Drive Carriage (36453A.S)
This repair will require removal of the unit from it’s mounting hardware and repair made on a clean work surface. Refer to your owners manual to reverse the wiring, mounting, and assembly process. READ AND FOLLOW ALL SAFETY, INSTALLATION AND OPERATION INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS CONTAINED IN THESE INSTRUCTIONS AND THE OWNERS MANUAL. If you have any questions or do not understand an instruction, contact a trained service technician. Or call 800-354-3643.
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE INPUT POWER LINES PRIOR TO REMOVING THE MOTOR COVER.
ANY AND ALL REPAIRS MADE TO THIS UNIT MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR DISCONNECTED FROM THE OPENER AND IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
1. Before pulling emergency release cord, make certain people and objects are clear of door opening. Pull emergency release cord on carriage to disengage opener to close door if necessary. (If unable to lower door using opener, use extreme caution manually closing door.
2. Remove power from opener.
3. Remove lens cover(s) by pressing side tabs inward and remove light bulb(s). FIG. 1.
4. Remove wall control and Safe-T-Beam® wires from terminal block located on back of opener FIG. 1. Use small common screwdriver to press in on orange locking clips while gently pulling wires from block. Mark wires to help facilitate replacement.
5. Remove door arm clevis pin and cotter-hairpin to disconnect operator from door. FIG. 2.
6. Remove opener from mounting brackets and hardware and set on a clean work surface.
7. Remove 3 bolts from rail assembly and set powerhead aside. FIG. 1.
8. Loosen but do not remove tension nut at front (door end) of rail to remove tension on Chain/Belt. FIG.3.
9. Remove Chain/Belt:
• CHAIN OPERATORS: Remove master link from chian bullet and slide chain off one side of rail. FIG. 4.
• BELT OPERATORS: Remove 3 screws from belt retainer and slide one side of belt out of bullet and off one side of rail. FIG. 4.
10. Remove 2 bolts, nuts, washers retaining pulley assembly to rail. FIG. 5.
11. Slide carriage off of rail.
12. Install replacement carriage in reverse order and proper direction.
13. Install pulley assembly in reverse order. FIG. 5.
14. Install chain/belt in reverse order. FIG. 4.
15. Tension chain/belt. FIG. 6.
16. Reinstall powerhead and rail assembly to ceiling and door. Steps 5,4,3.
17. Apply power to opener.
18. Reset limit settings per owners manual.
19. Test unit fully to ensure travel limits, remote controls and all safety features work correctly. Refer to your owners manual and/or assembly poster.