Replacement Belt for 8' Garage Door Opener- 39354S.S
The 39354S.S Belt assembly is used on various model Genie garage door openers that have a 5-piece tube style rail for an 8' high garage door (with the added extension kit).
- Assembly has a 1-piece belt
- Compatible with the following Genie garage door openers that have a belt rail: SilentMax Connect, StealthDrive 750, SilentMax 750, SilentMax 550, QuietLift 550, StealthLift 500
- Also compatible with any Genie garage door opener with belt rail that model number begins with 2055, 3053, 3055, 7055, 7155, 7155L
In Stock! Usually ships within 24 hours.ASK A QUESTION
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Does this works with model number 2042
No, unfortunately we do not have a replacement belt for Genie model 2042.
What belt fits Genie Pro Stealth GPS1200IC. I was told it needs to be the older model longer belt.
We no longer have the belt for the GPS1200IC model garage door openers.
Can I buy only the bolt connector attached to the belt?
No, we do not have the bolt connect as a separate part.
Will this fit the Genie Pro Max, model # PMX500IC/B? On an 8’ garage door.
No, it will not. We no longer have a belt for the PMX500IC/B model garage door opener.
What belt can fit in the model 2060l
We no longer have a belt for the 2060L model.
I have a genie 7055 and need replacement belt. How do I know if I need the 7 or 8' belt?
If you did not add an extension kit to the 7055 when it was installed, you would just need the normal 7-foot belt.
Can you order just the bolts at the end of the chain?
No, we do not sell them as a replaceable part.
What is the name of the connector that joins the two ends? Where can I find?
The connector is referred to as the "Turnbuckle". It is in the Mounting Parts Pack- part number 39010R.S.
will this belt fit the model 7055
Yes, it will!
This repair will require removal of the unit from it’s mounting hardware and repair made on a bench or floor. Refer to your Owners Manual for proper assembly and carefully read and understand all warnings and cautions pertaining to your unit.
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE INPUT POWER LINES PRIOR TO REMOVING THE MOTOR COVER.
ANY AND ALL REPAIRS MADE TO THIS UNIT MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR DISCONNECTED FROM THE OPENER AND IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
1. Pull emergency release cord on carriage to disengage opener to close door if necessary. (If unable to lower door using opener, use extreme caution manually closing door. Before pulling emergency release cord, make certain people and objects are clear of door opening.)
2. Unplug opener power cord from power receptacle.
3. Remove Battery Backup (BBU) from powerhead if equipped:
• Unplug harness from top of powerhead.
• Remove two screws securing the battery backup to rear of powerhead.
• Tilt BBU up and slide mounting brackets out.
• Set BBU aside. FIG. 1
4. Remove lens cover(s) by pressing top tabs down and slide lens cover(s) out. Remove light bulbs. FIG. 2.
5. Remove wall control and Safe-T-Beam® wires from terminal block located on side of two bulb models or rear of one bulb models FIG. 3. Use small common screwdriver to press in on orange tabs while gently pulling wires from block. Mark wires to help facilitate replacement.
6. Remove clevis pin and hairpin from door arm assembly. FIG. 4.
7. Remove opener from mounting hardware and set opener assembly on clean work surface.
8. Remove the Chain or Belt from 5 piece rail assembly.
• Disconnect carriage by pulling emergency release handle down from turnbuckle and slide out of the way. (a)
• Loosen turnbuckle lock-nuts. (7/16” wrench) (b)
• Hold chain/belt and rotate turnbuckle clockwise until threaded ends are free. (c)
• Pull chain/belt out from front idler pulley. (d)
• Belt drive model garage door openers will require the removal of the belt retainer cover. (e)
• Route replacement chain/belt gold threaded shaft around idler pulley and silver threaded shaft around sprocket. Ensure chain/belt is not twisted or bound
9. Install the chain or belt rail assembly:
• Install turnbuckle with “door” end arrow onto the gold threaded end by rotating counter-clockwise one full turn. (a)
• Disengage carriage assembly by rotating release handle downward and insert turnbuckle through the carriage as shown.
Ensure chain/belt is not twisted or bound. (b)
• Continue routing the chain/belt assembly until turnbuckle is near the middle of the rail. Insert silver threaded shaft into the turnbuckle and rotate turnbuckle counter-clockwise one full turn. (c)
• Hold chain/belt and rotate turnbuckle with thumbs counter-clockwise until chain/belt is tensioned properly. Measure chain/ belt tension on opposite side of rail until 1/4” from bottom of rail. (d)
• Once proper tension has been established, hold turnbuckle in place with a 7/16” or adjustable wrench. Tighten both tension nuts with a 7/16” wrench. (e)
• Reinstall belt guard if applicable. (f )
10. Reinstall opener assembly to mounting hardware.
11. Reinstall door arms in reverse of step 6.
12. Install wall control and Safe-T-Beam wires.
13. Install light bulbs and lens cover(s).
14. Plug the garage door opener in.
15. Reset limits and fully test and operate opener. Refer to owners manual or visit https://support.geniecompany.com/
16. Install BBU, if equipped. Plug BBU harness into top of powerhead.