39153R.S - Optical Encoder Installation Instructions
PDF Replacement instructions for 39153R.S AC Opto Sensor Assembly
AC Opto Sensor Assembly (39153R.S) Replacement
This repair will require removal of the unit from it’s mounting hardware and repairs made on a clean work surface. Refer to your Owners Manual and/or Installation Poster for proper assembly and carefully read and understand all warnings and cautions pertaining to your unit.
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE INPUT POWER LINES PRIOR TO REMOVING THE MOTOR COVER.
ANY AND ALL REPAIRS MADE TO THIS UNIT MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR DISCONNECTED FROM THE OPENER AND IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
1. Before pulling emergency release cord, make certain people and objects are clear of door opening. Pull emergency release cord on carriage to disengage opener to close door if necessary. If unable to lower door using opener, use extreme caution manually closing door.
2. Unplug opener power cord from power receptacle.
3. Open lens cover by pressing middle tab inward to swing down and remove light bulbs. FIG. 1.
4. Mark wires to help facilitate replacement and remove wall control and Safe-T-Beam wires from terminal block located on side of opener FIG. 1. Use small common screwdriver to press in on orange tabs while gently pulling wires from block.
5. Remove the cotter pin & clevis from door arm to separate door from opener. FIG. 2.
6. Remove motor head and rail assembly from mounting brackets/ hardware and set on a clean work surface.
7. Remove the 6-7/16” self-tapping bolts from the rail/motor mounting straps and pull rail from motorhead. FIG.3. Set rail assembly aside.
8. Remove two 5/16” screws securing powerhead cover to chassis and swing open to expose control board. FIG. 4.
NOTE: Do not remove control board from cover, shown for clarity only.
9. Remove grounding wires (green) from chassis. FIG. 6B.
10. Unplug these harnesses from control board. FIG. 5.
• Motor harness
• Opto harness
• AC in harness
11. Powerhead cover can now be removed from opener chassis.
12. Remove yellow and orange motor wires to start capacitor FIG. 6A
13. Remove three motor mounting bolts from motor frame FIG. 6C. Remove motor assembly.
14. Using an 11/32 socket or nut driver, press down on encoder wheel mounting clips while pulling wheel off of spline shaft. FIG. 7.
15. Remove and retain screw(s) holding encoder to motor frame and remove encoder. FIG. 8.
16. Remove and retain e-ring holding motor gear to motor shaft. FIG. 8.
17. Remove and retain motor gear. FIG. 8.
18. Install replacement 39153R.S encoder assembly with screw(s).
19. Install motor gear and e-ring to motor shaft.
20. Snap encoder wheel into place. (Interrupter fins face encoder.)
21. Install motor assembly in reverse order.
Note: Be certain to install all harnesses in the correct position being sure to install with locking tabs facing each other. (Detailed in FIG. 5)
22. Hang powerhead cover to chassis to install harnesses.
HARNESS NOTE: Check the type of circuit board installed in your opener (see FIG. 9). Use appropriate harness included with this kit.
23. Install ground wires onto chassis. (If equipped)
24. Install powerhead cover onto chassis using 2- 5/16” screws.
25. Install rail to motor head assembly using the coupler, mounting flange and 6-7/16” self-tapping screws.
26. Reinstall opener assembly in reverse order as removed. Reference your owners manual and installation poster.
27. Install wall control and Safe-T-Beam® wires.
28. Install light bulbs and close lens cover.
29. Plug opener into a receptacle.
30. Clear and reprogram limit controls per owners manual.