39340R.S - Circuit Board Installation Instructions
39340R.S Control Board Replacement
These instructions are written assuming that you will have ample room around Opener to perform this repair. Some rare instances will require removal of the unit from it’s mounting hardware and repair made on a bench or floor. Refer to your Owners Manual for proper assembly and carefully read and understand all warnings and cautions pertaining to your unit.
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE INPUT POWER LINES PRIOR TO REMOVING THE MOTOR COVER.
ANY AND ALL REPAIRS MADE TO THIS UNIT MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR DISCONNECTED FROM THE OPENER AND IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
1. Pull emergency release cord on carriage to disengage opener to close door if necessary. (If unable to lower door using opener, use extreme caution manually closing door. Before pulling emergency release cord, make certain
people and objects are clear of door opening.)
2. Unplug opener power cord from power receptacle.
3. If Equipped, Remove Battery Backup (BBU) from
• Unplug harness from top of powerhead.
• Remove two screws securing BBU to rear of powerhead.
• Tilt BBU up and slide mounting brackets out.
• Set BBU aside. FIG. 1.
4. Remove lens covers by pressing top tabs down and slide
lens covers out. Remove light bulbs. FIG. 2.
5. Remove wall control and Safe-T-Beam® wires from terminal block located on side of opener FIG. 3. Use small common screwdriver to press in on orange tabs while gently pulling wires from block. Mark wires to help facilitate replacement.
6. Remove two 5/16” screws securing cover to chassis on two
bulb models, three 5//16” screws on single bulb models. Push up and out on cover plate to access third screw. FIG. 4.
NOTE: Pull Antenna from cover carefully.
7. Unplug these harnesses from control board. FIG. 5.
• Light Harness
• Motor Wires (2)
• Encoder Harness
• AC In Harness
• Transformer Primary Harness
• Transformer Secondary Harness
• BBU Harness, if equipped.
8. Remove control board mounting screws, slide board forward to remove from mounting clips. FIG. 6.
9. Install replacement control board and all harnesses.
Note: Be certain to install all harnesses in the correct position being sure to install with locking tabs facing each other. FIG 7.
10. Install powerhead cover to chassis. Feed antenna wire through hole in cover.
11. Install wall control and Safe-T-Beam wires.
12. Install light bulbs and lens cover(s).
13. Plug opener in.
14. Travel limits, remote controls and all safety features will require programming/testing. Refer to your owners manual or visit
15. Install BBU. Plug BBU harness into top of powerhead, if equipped.