Circuit Board Assembly 39340R.S
Circuit board for chain or belt drive model openers. Use this board to get your opener back up and running quickly if you have determined your circuit board needs to be replaced.
- Compatible with models 2035, 2036, 2055, 3035, 3055
- Genuine Genie replacement part
- Requires re-programming with the new board
In Stock! Usually ships within 24 hours.ASK A QUESTION
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
My door will not close unless the wall unit button is held down until the door is completely closed. I have been told it is most likely the main board needs replacing. Do you think this will correct the problem? The unit is a 3055 and is 3 years old. This problem began about a month ago. For what I have been quoted for repair costs this would be a significantly cheaper way to resolve the problem.
If your door opens with no problem but does not close unless you hold constant pressure on the wall console, this could be caused by a few different issues.
The Safe-t-beams, the force settings, the door balance of the garage door, or the circuit board. In order to determine which one is causing this, we would need to do some troubleshooting. Normally, if you can hold constant pressure to get the door to close, this would not be a circuit board issue.
Here are a few things to check. Both of the safety sensors should be lit and solid one red, and one green. If one or both of them are out it is an indication there is a wiring issue. You will want to first be sure the connection on the beams and head is secure. If only one light is off, please disconnect the beam that is not lit and connect it to the wiring on the side that is lit. If the beams light up replace the wiring to the beam on the non-lit side, if not replace the beams. If both are out you will want to short wire the beams directly to the head you will disconnect the beams and wire them to the terminals on the head that they are currently connected to using two short pieces of 18-20 gauge bell wire. If the beams lite up you will need to replace the wiring, if not replace the beams. If one of the beams is blinking please be sure that the lenses are clean, clear from obstructions, and properly aligned. Please count the blink pattern and let us know what the results are.
If the Safe-T-Beams seem to be working fine, you can also check the door balance. To check the balance of your door, disconnect the operator from the door (in the down or closed position) by pulling the emergency release cord. Lift the door to where you can see halfway outside the garage. The door should stay there, slight movement to settle is acceptable. To check for smooth operation, roll the door all the way up and down slowly with your palms to check for smooth, even travel and that there is no binding or sticking. If the door is not balanced or operating properly, we would recommend that you call your local professional door installer.
Please contact Genie customer service at 1-800-354-3643 for assistance.
What do the initials "BBU" stand for in "BBU harness"? The opener makes a clinking sound when depressing the wall opener or remote. Is this mostly do to a bad circuit board? Should both the transformer and circuit board be replaced together? Thank You.
BBU stands for Battery Backup. For troubleshooting assistance please contact Genie customer service at 1-800-354-3643. We would need to get some more information to help determine the issue.
If I order a circuit board for my Door Opener will repacemewnt instructions come with it?
Yes - Replacement instructions will come with it. You can also find the installation instructions on the detail page, middle of the page, directly next to where you can leave a review. Let us know if you have any further questions.
I need your phone number
Our customer service phone number is 1-800-354-3643.
39340R.S Control Board Replacement
These instructions are written assuming that you will have ample room around Opener to perform this repair. Some rare instances will require removal of the unit from it’s mounting hardware and repair made on a bench or floor. Refer to your Owners Manual for proper assembly and carefully read and understand all warnings and cautions pertaining to your unit.
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE INPUT POWER LINES PRIOR TO REMOVING THE MOTOR COVER.
ANY AND ALL REPAIRS MADE TO THIS UNIT MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR DISCONNECTED FROM THE OPENER AND IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
1. Pull emergency release cord on carriage to disengage opener to close door if necessary. (If unable to lower door using opener, use extreme caution manually closing door. Before pulling emergency release cord, make certain
people and objects are clear of door opening.)
2. Unplug opener power cord from power receptacle.
3. If Equipped, Remove Battery Backup (BBU) from
• Unplug harness from top of powerhead.
• Remove two screws securing BBU to rear of powerhead.
• Tilt BBU up and slide mounting brackets out.
• Set BBU aside. FIG. 1.
4. Remove lens covers by pressing top tabs down and slide
lens covers out. Remove light bulbs. FIG. 2.
5. Remove wall control and Safe-T-Beam® wires from terminal block located on side of opener FIG. 3. Use small common screwdriver to press in on orange tabs while gently pulling wires from block. Mark wires to help facilitate replacement.
6. Remove two 5/16” screws securing cover to chassis on two
bulb models, three 5//16” screws on single bulb models. Push up and out on cover plate to access third screw. FIG. 4.
NOTE: Pull Antenna from cover carefully.
7. Unplug these harnesses from control board. FIG. 5.
• Light Harness
• Motor Wires (2)
• Encoder Harness
• AC In Harness
• Transformer Primary Harness
• Transformer Secondary Harness
• BBU Harness, if equipped.
8. Remove control board mounting screws, slide board forward to remove from mounting clips. FIG. 6.
9. Install replacement control board and all harnesses.
Note: Be certain to install all harnesses in the correct position being sure to install with locking tabs facing each other. FIG 7.
10. Install powerhead cover to chassis. Feed antenna wire through hole in cover.
11. Install wall control and Safe-T-Beam wires.
12. Install light bulbs and lens cover(s).
13. Plug opener in.
14. Travel limits, remote controls and all safety features will require programming/testing. Refer to your owners manual or visit
15. Install BBU. Plug BBU harness into top of powerhead, if equipped.
We offer FREE shipping and handling on all orders that total over $17.99 and are shipped to a US address. All orders are shipped using UPS ground, directly from The Genie Company.
Buying GENUINE Genie accessories and parts guarantees that you are getting quality OEM materials backed by a Genie warranty.
Need assistance? We are here for you! We offer a wide range of customer support options including contact by phone or email, web chat services with a live agent, and a robust support section also located on our website. All customer care teams and services are based in the USA.