Optical Encoder (RPM Sensor) 39272S.S- Belt/ Chain Drive Models
The Optical Encoder also called the RPM sensor, is compatible with Genie model chain and belt drive garage door openers listed below. The optical encoder may resolve issues of short traveling or drifting limits on the garage door opener.
- Compatible with Genie models: 2035, 2055, 3035, 7035, 7055
- Genuine Genie Replacement Part
In Stock! Usually ships within 24 hours.ASK A QUESTION
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
PDF Instructions for replacing the 39272S.S Optical Encoder
These instructions are written assuming that you will have ample room around Opener to perform this repair. Some rare instances will require removal of the unit from it’s mounting hardware and repair made on a bench or floor. Refer to your Owners Manual or Installation Poster for proper assembly and carefully read and understand all warnings and cautions pertaining to your unit.
39272S.S 24V DC Opto Replacement For Chain & Belt Operators
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE OPENER PRIOR TO REMOVING THE MOTOR COVER.
ANY AND ALL REPAIRS MADE TO THIS UNIT MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR DISCONNECTED FROM THE OPENER AND IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
Tools required: Standard slotted and Phillips head screwdrivers, small slotted screwdriver, 5/16” nut driver.
CLOSE THE GARAGE DOOR PRIOR TO REPAIR.
1. Remove power from operator.
2. Press down on tabs to remove lens.
3. Remove light bulbs.
4. Note locations and remove BWC (Basic Wall Control) and STB (Safe-T-Beam®) wires. Use small screwdriver to press in on orange tabs to remove wires. FIG. 1.
5. If equipped, unplug and remove battery backup (BBU) from the back of motor housing. Fig. 2.
6. Using a 5/16” nut driver or common screw driver, remove the 2 opener cover screws and remove opener cover. FIG-3A
7. Note the locations and disconnect lights, transformer primary, AC power, red & black motor wires, transformer secondary, and encoder harnesses. FIG. 4
8. Using a 1/4” nut driver or common screwdriver, remove 2 control board mounting screws and remove control board. FIG. 5.
9. Carefully remove all harnesses from harness keepers.
10. Remove Opto Assembly cover screws (3-3/16”) leave harness plugged into assembly FIG. 3B.
11. Install replacement Opto Assembly and install cover screws (3).
12. Carefully slide all harnesses back into harness keepers.
13. Reinstall the control board, harnesses, and opener cover in reverse order. Ensure that harnesses are plugged in the correct positions. See harness detail FIG. 6.
14. Reinstall BWC & STB wires, light bulb and lens.
15. Install BBU assembly onto motor housing if equipped.
16. Reapply power to operator.
NOTE: Limit settings will require reprogramming. Refer to your owners manual for detailed instructions.
IMPORTANT: Test opener functions. The door MUST reverse on contact with a 1-1/2” high object (or a 2 x 4 board laid flat) at the center of doorway on the floor. After adjusting either the force or limit of travel, retest door opener. Failure to adjust the opener properly may cause severe injury or death.
We offer FREE shipping and handling on all orders that total over $17.99 and are shipped to a US address. All orders are shipped using UPS ground, directly from The Genie Company.
Buying GENUINE Genie accessories and parts guarantees that you are getting quality OEM materials backed by a Genie warranty.
Need assistance? We are here for you! We offer a wide range of customer support options including contact by phone or email, web chat services with a live agent, and a robust support section also located on our website. All customer care teams and services are based in the USA.