The garage door is often the largest feature on the exterior of your home and the first part of your home a potential buyer will see. As years have progressed, the size of garage doors has also increased. This is because the size of vehicles has increased. Today’s trucks, SUVs and vans are much wider than older vehicles and modern-day garages have had to adjust. Garages are increasingly common with 65% of new home builds having a 2-car garage, according to the National Association of Home Builders.
What exactly is curb appeal? Merriam-Webster defines it as “the visual attractiveness of a house as seen from the street.” Garage doors located in the front of a home are especially impactful on the perceived curb appeal. If a potential buyer sees an old and worn garage door, they could make assumptions that the inside of the home looks dated as well. 80% of realtors say that the garage door impacts the value of the house. A new garage door could add anywhere from $8,000-$14,000 to the value of a home. Not only does a new garage door increase curb appeal, but it is also the highest return on investment you can make for a home improvement project. The Remodeling Cost vs. Value Report estimates a 93.8% ROI for a new garage door.
Curb appeal can sell a home faster and for a higher value. A study done by the University of Michigan showed that a well landscaped home with effort put into the curb appeal can increase a home’s perceived value from 5-11%! Deciding to update your garage door is a great way to increase the curb appeal of your home as well as the potential resale value. When you do replace your garage door, it may also be time to replace your garage door opener! Did you know the average garage door opener lasts 10-15 years? If your current garage door opener is dated, lacking features, or just noisy – upgrade with a new Genie garage door opener!
If you are looking for a quiet garage door opener – try a Genie belt drive garage door opener. The ultra-quiet belt is steel-reinforced, which makes Genie belt drive openers quiet, durable, and ideal for garages attached to living spaces. If you are looking for a garage door opener that can be opened during a power outage, try a Genie garage door opener with a battery backup. Would you like to be able to control your garage door from the convenience of your smartphone? Choose a smart garage door opener from Genie with integrated Aladdin Connect capabilities.
- Powerful and Fast Screw Drive
- Model 3022- Ideal for heavy garage doors, the powerful 140v DC motor can lift either 7’ tall residential or sectional garage doors that weigh up to 750lbs. Opening speeds of up to 7.5” per second ensure fast performance. For 8’ tall doors, extension kit EKBC is needed.
- Quiet Belt Drive with Battery Backup
- Model 7055- This ultra-quiet belt drive garage door opener features integrated battery backup capabilities. Never get stuck outside of your garage again in case of a power outage. For use on residential sectional garage doors 7’ in height (8’ tall doors need extension kit EKTB). Additional accessories include a wireless keypad, 2-3 button preprogrammed remotes, and a wireless wall console with vacation lock and light control buttons.
- Reliable Chain Drive with Smartphone Capabilities
- Model 2033- This sturdy, reliable chain drive garage door opener features integrated Aladdin Connect capabilities. Control and monitor the status of your garage door from the convenience of your smartphone! For use on residential sectional garage doors 7’ in height (8’ tall doors need extension kit EKTC). Additional accessories include 2-3 button preprogrammed remotes, a wireless keypad, and a wall console with vacation lock and light control buttons.
All Genie garage door openers feature Intellicode rolling code technology. When you press your Genie garage door opener remote, an access code is sent to the opener. Intellicode technology changes the access code each time you press your opener, ensuring billions of combinations. This prevents any unauthorized entry from those trying to steal the code of the garage door opener.
Genie garage door openers are also compatible with HomeLink and Car2U systems. HomeLink and Car2U allow you to open your garage door from a built-in remote in your car usually found above the middle console or on your window visor.
Safe-T-Beam safety sensors are included with every Genie garage door opener. These sensors will reverse the garage door if an obstruction occurs when the door is closing. Safe-T-Beams give you the peace of mind knowing your garage door will reverse if a child or an animal gets caught under the door when it is closing.
Use the Genie Product Selector tool to find the prefect garage door opener for you. Are you looking for a professional to install your garage door opener? Find your local Genie professional dealer using the Dealer Locator.