Circuit Board Assembly 38874R3.S
Circuit Board Assembly 38874R3.S
Configured circuit board replacement for Genie chain and belt drive models. Use this circuit board replacement to get your garage door opener back up and running quickly if you have determined your circuit board needs to be replaced.
- Compatible with models 3022, 3042, 3024, 3024H (Single or dual encoder versions)
- If you have a wall console that is gray with black buttons you will also need to purchase wall console 39165R or the circuit board wall console kit 38875R3.S
- Genuine Genie replacement part
- Includes Circuit board and detailed replacement instructions
- Requires re-programming with the new board
In Stock! Usually ships within 24 hours.ASK A QUESTION View full details
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
what is the voltage at the STB connection? The red LED keeps blinking dit dit dit dah at me, and will not let the door close. Unable to find how to align the beam which has worked for years but not lately.
If the red LED light on the safe-t-beam is blinking, this would indicate it is working and the blink is a diagnostic blink. Can you tell how many times it is blinking. It should be two, three, or four then pause, then again. You can use this diagnostic chart to help confirm the issue. You can also contact Genie customer service at 1-800-354-3643 for further troubleshooting assistance.
I’m looking at your control board (38874R3.S) and it said that it needs “reprogramming”. What do I need to reprogram this divice?
You will need to reporgram the limit settings and the wireless devices back in. This is all done from the powerhead of the unit.
my Genie Max 1000 works occationally. when red light on motor box is off, the remote works. when lit it won't? ex tenant took manual with him? been resetting remote by ear? which doesn't seem to work! any ideas? Using the wall remote same situation? Thank You!
When the red light is on the powerhead of the garage door opener, that will indicate a problem. In the owner's manual, on page 22, you can view the troubleshooting guide. You can also contact Genie customer service at 1-800-354-3643 for assistance.
does the 38874R3.S work on a silentmaxed 1000
Yes, it will. But if you have a wall console that is gray with black buttons you will also need to purchase wall console 39165R or the circuit board wall console kit 38875R3.S
If the door doesn’t move when setting the movement limits, is the circuit board faulty?
It could be caused by the circuit board. For troubleshooting assistance, please contact customer service at 1.800.354.3643.
The unit not getting power to unit do I need to replace the circuit board or what all power going to unit is working
It does sound like the circuit board if you have checked the outlet. If you have recently had a power outage or surge we cannot guarantee this will fix it. Please contact Genie customer service at 1.800.354.3643 for assistance.
is item returnable if problem does not resolve?
For items purchased from Genie’s Shopify Online Store, Consumers can return unused, unopened items within 60 days of purchase for a full refund (refund excludes shipping). Consumer pays return shipping. If the returned item is used, opened, or otherwise deemed not in original condition; no credit will be given and the item will not be returned to the original purchaser. For proof of delivery, we recommend that you return items via UPS or insured USPS. Returns need sent to: The Genie Company, 606 Ray St. NE Baltic, OH. 43804
I had a surge that took out the transformer on our 3042. I assume I need the entire circuit board. Our wall control is gray with white buttons. Do I need the kit?
Because your wall control is gray with white buttons, you do not need the kit. You would only need the board Circuit Board Assembly 38874R3.S
I have a genie 3042 with gray wall button black buttons. Which circuit board do I need to get this thing working again?
Hello. You would need part number 38875R3.S for your Genie model 3042 opener.
38874R3.S DC Control Board Replacement
These instructions are written assuming that you will have ample room around Opener to perform this repair. Some rare instances will require removal of the unit from its mounting hardware and repair made on a bench or floor. Refer to your Owner’s Manual for proper assembly and carefully read and understand all warnings and cautions pertaining to your unit.
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE INPUT POWER LINES PRIOR TO REMOVING THE MOTOR COVER.
ANY AND ALL REPAIRS MADE TO THIS UNIT MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR DISCONNECTED FROM THE OPENER AND IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
1. Pull emergency release cord on the carriage to disengage opener to close the door if necessary. (If unable to lower door using opener, use extreme caution manually closing the door. Before pulling the red emergency release cord, make certain people and objects are clear of the door opening.)
2. Unplug the opener power cord from power receptacle.
3. Open lens cover by pressing middle tab inward and remove light bulbs. FIG. 1.
4. Remove wall control and Safe-T-Beam wires from terminal block located on side of opener FIG. 1. Use a small common screwdriver to press in on orange tabs while gently pulling wires from the terminal block. Marking the wires can help facilitate replacement.
5. Unplug any optional accessories such as a battery backup and/or network adapter.
6. Remove the two 5/16” screws securing powerhead cover to chassis. FIG. 2.
7. Allow the motor cover to swing down to access control board and wire harnesses.
8. Unplug the following harnesses from the control board. FIG. 4.
• Light harness
• Motor harness
• Opto harness (see step 12-13)
• AC IN harness
• Motion Detector harness (if equipped)
• Green ground wire to chassis (if equipped).
REMOVE AND DISCARD.
9. Powerhead cover can now be removed from opener chassis for repair. (If equipped) Special care should be taken to prevent damage to the motion detector bulb located on the bottom of the motor cover.
10. Remove the three control board mounting screws and the old control board. FIG 3.
11. Feed the new antenna wire through the hole in the cover. Mount the new replacement control board 38874R3.S to the cover and secure with the three screws removed in step 10.
--- SEE BELOW FOR MOTOR TYPES ---
12. If your motor compares to MOTOR TYPE 1. Remove existing harness from the motor and plug pre-installed OPTO SENSOR harness from new control board directly into the motor.
13. If your motor compares to MOTOR TYPE 2. Remove pre-installed OPTO SENSOR harness from the control board and plug existing OPTO harness from the motor into DUAL ENCODER OPTO SENSOR plug on replacement control board. (Or use new harness packed with control board).
14. Hang powerhead cover to chassis to connect all other harnesses removed in step 8.
15. Swing powerhead cover up onto chassis and secure using screws removed in step 6.
16. Install wall control and Safe-T-Beam wires. Install battery backup and/or network harnesses if applicable.
17. Install light bulbs and close lens cover.
18. Reapply power to opener.
19. Limit controls, transmitters and full function test will be required. Refer to the owner’s manual and/or assembly poster for detailed information
We offer FREE shipping and handling on all orders that total over $17.99 and are shipped to a US address. All orders are shipped using UPS ground, directly from The Genie Company.
Buying GENUINE Genie accessories and parts guarantees that you are getting quality OEM materials backed by a Genie warranty.
Need assistance? We are here for you! We offer a wide range of customer support options including contact by phone or email, web chat services with a live agent, and a robust support section also located on our website. All customer care teams and services are based in the USA.