37303R EKSC Screw Drive Rail Extension Kit (For 8-foot tall garage doors) Installation Instructions
WARNING: Carefully read all instructions and warnings contained in the Assembly/Installation poster and/or Owners Manual prior to assembly of this kit. Safety glasses are required for this assembly.
CAUTION: Edges of rail and connector sections can be sharp. Avoid contact with edges.
NOTICE: These instructions supersede installation poster steps 3 & 4 (1c & 1d)
Parts Included With the EKSC Kit: Screw Extension (XS), Additional Rail Connector (K), Rail Extension (X), 2-ea. Clips & Collars.
ASSEMBLE THIS KIT ON A FLAT CLEAN WORK SURFACE. (Alphanumeric digits in parenthesis (1a) indicate steps on older posters)
1. Assemble screw rail per installation poster steps 1 through 2 (1a/1b).
2. Pull screw drive sections out of rail sections B & C to allow assembly of extension screw. FIG. 1.
3. Install EKSC (37303R) screw extension (XS) between sections B & C with clips and collars included with this kit. FIG. 1.
4. Install rail connector K to rail section B until it locks. Care should be taken NOT to bend screw connections. FIG. 2.
5. Install rail section C into rail connector K until it locks. Care should be taken NOT to bend screw connections. FIG. 2.
• Screw drive section will now protrude beyond original rail section C. FIG. 3.
6. Install rail connector XK onto rail section C until it locks. FIG. 3.
7. Install rail extension X into rail connector XK until it locks.
8. Continue assembling screw-rail assembly per installation poster step 5 (1e).
• Remember to complete step 6 (1f) for screw sections A & B.
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
I have an older Genie garage door opener... has to be at least 20 years old as was present when I bought my home (built in 1973) in 1999. It is what I believe you call a screw drive model... I could get the exact model number from my files but don't have them available to me at this moment. Lately the screw drive has been separating where it connects to each other... think there are 3 to 4 sections. As the weight of the door transfers to the next section, it separates and slides away from the first section driven by the motor. In looking at this kit... "Extension Kit (to 8') for 3 Piece, Screw Drive C-Channel Rails"... I see what appears to be a little sleeve/tube and/or half sleeve/tube. I suspect their purpose is for the full "sleeve" to slide over the connecting point between the screw drive sections holding them together... the half "sleeve" to snap onto the shaft to hold the full "sleeve" in place over the connecting point. If so... where can I buy just these parts and are there any assembly instructions you can share that confirms/tells me exactly how to use both the full and the half "sleeve"? Thank you.
It sounds like you are missing the clip and collar that connect the screw drive ends. Click here- In this part, look at the photo, it shows how they connect. If so, you will need the clip part and collar. Part numbers, 19807A04.S and 19806A04.S.
We are happy to help you troubleshoot this further via our chat tool or by phone.
Can I install more than one extension kit to an 8’ door to move power head back to where I want to mount it?
No, you can only add one extension kit.
Hi, I have a Series II screw drive opener. The screw-drive in the middle section snapped in half between the collars which connect it to the first & third sections. Is there a replacement available for the middle section? Would this be the same thing as an extension kit? Operator Model ISD 1000 Thank you
The extension kit would not be the same. We do not sell just sections of the screw drive. Please contact Genie customer service at 1-800-354-3643.