Circuit Board (3062/3064) 38874R1.S
*This product is currently out of stock, it will ship as soon as it is available.*
This Genie replacement configured circuit board is for screw drive models 3062 and 3064. Use this replacement board to get your garage door opener up and running again once you have determined your circuit board needs to be replaced.
- Compatible with models 3062 and 3064 (PowerMax 1200, TriloG 1200)
- If you have a wall console that is gray with black buttons you will also need to purchase wall console 39165R or the circuit board wall console kit 38875R1.S
- Genuine Genie replacement part
- Requires re-programming with the new board
SKU: 38874R1.SASK A QUESTION
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
my garage door goes up and down really slowly and doesnt go up all the way. It had been working fine for years. any thoughts?
First thing you will want to check is your door balance. For troubleshooting assistance please contact Genie customer service at 1-800-354-3643.
how can you tell if the circuit board needs to be replaced vs the entire unit?
With some troubleshooting, we would be able to help you determine this. Please contact Genie customer service at 1-800-354-3643 for assistance, or for troubleshooting chat help- visit www.geniecomany.com.
38874R1.S Circuit Board Replacement
These instructions are written assuming that you will have ample room around Opener to perform this repair. Some rare instances will require removal of the unit from its mounting hardware and repair made on a bench or floor. Refer to your Owner’s Manual for proper assembly and carefully read and understand all warnings and cautions pertaining to your unit.
BE SURE ELECTRICAL POWER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE INPUT POWER LINES PRIOR TO REMOVING THE MOTOR COVER.
ANY AND ALL REPAIRS MADE TO THIS UNIT MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR DISCONNECTED FROM THE OPENER AND IN THE CLOSED POSITION.
1. Pull the red emergency release cord on the carriage to disengage the garage door opener to close the garage door if necessary. (If you cannot lower the garage door using the garage door opener, use extreme caution manually closing the garage door. Before pulling the emergency release cord, make sure people and objects are clear of the garage door opening.)
2. Unplug the garage door opener power cord from the outlet (power receptacle).
3. Open the light lens cover by pressing the middle tab inward and remove the light bulbs. FIG. 1.
4. Remove Safe-T-Beam and wall console wires from the terminal block located on side of the powerhead FIG. 1. Use a screwdriver (small one works best) to press in on the orange tabs while gently pulling out the wires from the terminal block. Marking the wires now can help when replacing them later in the instructions.
5. Unplug any additional optional accessories installed such as a battery backup and/or network adapter.
6. Remove the two 5/16” screws securing the powerhead cover to chassis. FIG. 2.
7. Allow the motor cover to slowly swing down to gain access to the control board and wire harnesses.
8. Unplug all the following wiring harnesses from the control board. FIG. 4.
• Light harness
• Motor harness
• Opto harness (see step 12-13)
• AC IN harness
• Motion Detector harness (if equipped)
• Green ground wire to chassis (if equipped).
REMOVE AND DISCARD.
9. The powerhead cover can now be removed from opener chassis for repair. If your model garage door opener has a motion detector- Special care should be taken to prevent damage to the motion detector bulb located on the bottom of the motor cover.
10. Remove the three circuit board mounting screws and the old board. FIG 3.
11. Feed the new antenna wire through the hole in the cover. Mount the new replacement control board 38874R1.S to the cover and now secure with the three screws removed in step 10.
--- SEE BELOW FOR MOTOR TYPES ---
12. If your motor compares to MOTOR TYPE 1. Remove existing harness from the motor and plug pre-installed OPTO SENSOR harness from new control board directly into the motor.
13. If your motor compares to MOTOR TYPE 2. Remove pre-installed OPTO SENSOR harness from the control board and plug existing OPTO harness from the motor into DUAL ENCODER OPTO SENSOR plug on replacement control board. (Or use new harness packed with control board).
14. Hang powerhead cover to chassis to connect all other harnesses removed in step 8.
15. Swing powerhead cover up onto chassis and secure using screws removed in step 6.
16. Install wall control and Safe-T-Beam wires. Install battery backup and/or network harnesses if applicable.
17. Install light bulbs and close lens cover.
18. Reapply power to opener.
19. Limit controls, transmitters and full function test will be required. Refer to the owner’s manual and/or assembly poster for detailed information
We offer FREE shipping and handling on all orders that total over $17.99 and are shipped to a US address. All orders are shipped using UPS ground, directly from The Genie Company.
Buying GENUINE Genie accessories and parts guarantees that you are getting quality OEM materials backed by a Genie warranty.
Need assistance? We are here for you! We offer a wide range of customer support options including contact by phone or email, web chat services with a live agent, and a robust support section also located on our website. All customer care teams and services are based in the USA.